Sunday, January 19, 2014

Love - Be Mine

Here I am again with more Valentine's to share - are you sick of them yet??!! -  Our church sale is on Feb 2nd so it'll pretty much stop after that!!  Once again (see my last post) -  I have a cute treat package and a card.  Both inspired by challenges.
I made my cute little square pillow box using a die from MFT.  The white frame is from PTI.  I wrapped washi tape around the box and adhered the frame that I stamped with BE MINE from Sweethearts by Waltzingmouse.  I punched the heart and adhered it with a foam dot adding a pretty sparkly enamel dot.
For my design, I used the Cas(e) this Sketch
 

For my card -  I made a stencil using the Heart Full of Love die from MFT (die cut it out of a piece of clear acetate) - laid the stencil over the white panel and sponged it with Ranger Distress Barn Door ink - lighter on the edges, darker in the center.  I made the splatters using a Sprayza Pen,  added Sugar Blend Sequins from Avery Elle and one enamel dot.  I used the largest Stitched Mat Rectangle by Lil' Inker Designs on the red card base.
My card was inspired by two challenges:

I'll be back on Tuesday  with a brand new template from Creations by AR -  It is SO cute - hope you can stop by then!

Be Mine Square Pillow Box
Stamps:  Sweethearts - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  Black Tie - Bazzill Basics, white, Pure Poppy - PTI
Ink:  Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  Square Pillow Box die - MFT, enamel dot - My Mind's Eye, framed out die - PTI, washi tape - Darice, foam dots, Heart Punch - EK Success.

Stenciled Love
Paper:  White, Pure Poppy - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Barn Door
Accessories:  Heart full of Love die - MFT, Sprayza Pen, stitched mat rectangle die - Lil' Inker Designs, Sugar Blend Sequins - Avery Elle, enamel dot - My Mind's Eye

13 comments:

Laurel said...

These are such pretty creations! Thank you for playing at Inspired By.

Marybeth said...

Love the little box and your beautiful card! Love the splotches . I wish our church had a sale like that ...then I would make way more cards...sounds fun and bet they go quick.Keep them coming!

~amy~ said...

Love how you used the sketch on your treat container, super fun! That love card is wonderful too!

Mona Pendleton said...

Love the cute treat holder and the pretty card Julia! Love the splashes of ink!

Sue from Oregon said...

using that charcoal made for a very elegant treaty box Julia! Keep 'em coming!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

What wonderful cards, Julia! Are you selling them at a craft fair at church? Last year I led a group of ladies in making Valentines at my church and I've still got some of those "prepped" cards in my studio! In fact, I was fiddling with them today just to do something . . .

Wish I'd seen your post earlier in the day as I'd love to have tried making my own stencil from clear plastic. Awesome idea! Hugs!!

Jen W. said...

So. Darn. Cute! I love that you turned the sketch into a treat box! Brilliant! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Mary Marsh said...

Never get tired of seeing your valentine creations Julia-love this one-good luck in your sale

Monika/Buzsy said...

Both are fabulous... What a great take on the sketch. Looks great on the box... and your heart is so sweet!

Kim Heggins said...

Too cute and what a sweet way to give some yummy chocolate hearts away.

Debby Hughes said...

Oh you can never be sick of valentine's! And two fabulous pieces of inspiration! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

Loll Thompson said...

More sweetness!! Love the pillow box and the one layer card is gorgeous. Loll xx

Leigh Penner said...

Lovely packaging and card! What a fabulous idea to use the sketch for your little box!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin