Saturday, December 21, 2013

So Nice to Meet You

I have a card today for the Case Study. Challenge.  When I saw the bird for this week's challenge I knew I had to play along - as I have the Tim Holtz die of it!
I die cut the bird from a piece of Christy Tomlinson's She Art patterned paper and white card stock layering the two to make the bird more sturdy.  I added an enamel dot for it's eye.
I partially stamped the Vintage Christmas Backgrounder stamp from Waltzingmouse on the back panel, sponged the edges and layered the photo frame die from Jillian Vance Designs over it using foam dots.  The bird is up on foam dots as well and I positioned it so her tail extends over the frame a bit.  The sentiment is from You Make My Day by  My Favorite Things.
Just a few more sleeps!


Stamps:  Vintage Christmas Backgrounder - Waltzingmouse,  You Make Make My Day - My Favorite Things
Paper:  white, fine linen - PTI, DP Christy Tomlinson/She Art Paper Pack
Ink:  Archival Jet Black, Ranger Distress Old Paper, Memento Toffee Crunch
Accessories:  photo frame die - Jillian Vance Designs, caged bird die - Tim Holtz Alterations, foam dots, enamel dot - My Minds Eye

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Oh this is fabulous...hey, why didn't I think of that die? I ended up using the cameo for my card today....btw, how was the silhouette class? I'm going to sit through it next week since I'm off from work.

Jeanne J said...

Oh how cool Julia! Looks just like the inspiration photo (I didn't know it was a Tim Holtz die!) So pretty in the softer colors!

Tenia Nelson said...

LURVE!!!

Lindsey said...

What a fabulous paper pieced bird! Great take on the challenge.