Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Color Throwdown - 5 Year Celebration!

As a past Guest Designer for the Color Throwdown,  I'm excited to be participating in their 5 year celebration today!  Here are the beautiful summery colors for the challenge:
and here is the card I created using similar colors:
My stamps are from Teeny Trees and Country Labels 4 by Waltzingmouse.  I dry embossed a square Nestability on the card base for a frame.  Then I stamped on a white card stock panel that fit inside the frame.  I adhered the panel to the card with foam dots for more dimension.  I could use this card as a get well, birthday, or thinking of you card.

Here is a close up of the embossed frame and layered panel.
Please check out the Color Throwdown blog for a list of all participating alumni and guest designers.  You'll also find a list of all the prizes that are available for you to win if you participate in the challenge as well.  (It’s a long and fabulous list!)  We hope you'll join in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - trees and buds from Teeny Trees, sun wreath and sentiment from Country Labels 4
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress - Salty Ocean, Worn Lipstick, Scattered Straw, Frayed Burlap, Versafine Onyx Black.
Accessories:  Square Nestability, foam dots.

21 comments:

Sylvia said...

What a fun card, Julia, love the scene you created! Have a happy Wednesday

*Vicki* said...

Such a lovely creation Julia!! You rocked these colors! I'm definitely going to have a play! :)

Stacey Schafer said...

how cute is this?! adorable CAS with a "pop" card, Julia!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a great use of the colors and you know I always love your embossed frame details! Thanks so much for playing along and helping us celebrate this milestone!

Crystal said...

LOVE LOVE those trees, awesome card Julia!!!

LaurieJ said...

What a sweet card! I really MUST pull out my Teeny Trees set again.

Betty Wright said...

I really must make a card with the embossed frame border effect. I love this look, yet forget to do it. Lovely card, Julia! Hope you are doing great!

Bev Gerard said...

Wowwwwweeeee, Julia! I love the splashes of color so artfully placed within the beautiful white space!

Happy happy day to you!
~Beb

Barbara said...

This is so pretty, Julia!! I love all that white space! Thanks so much for playing along and helping us celebrate!

Vickie Z said...

Never thought of stamping those trees in non-traditional tree colors- this is wonderful!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh, Julia! I LOOOOOOVE those trees! What a darling card! Thanks so much for helping us celebrate today!

dpkennedy said...

This is so pretty Julia! I love the wheat sun! Fun!

Joan Ervin said...

What an adorable design, Julia...the little trees are sooo cute and I sooo love all the white space!!! It's wonderful to have you join us today for our anniversary celebration!!!

Jodi Collins said...

SO pretty Julia! LOVE the stamps you used!

Darnell said...

This card is so sweet, Julia! That stacked framing is inspired!!

Cathy Weber said...

I love it that you used Teeny Trees for your stamps Julia...I love seeing cards with some of WM older stamp sets...ones I love, but never seem to remember to pull out.

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Juli! Love the sweet little trees! Have a great weekend!

Lori Turner said...

Very cute card! Love those trees :)

Lori said...

Too fun! Love the fabulous embossed frame around the image panel. Thanks for joining us for the CTD's anniversary celebration!

Lynn Put said...

Such a sweet card and wonderful design! Thanks so much for helping us celebrate over at the Color Throwdown!

Beverley said...

Beautiful card, love it. Hugs Bev x