Thursday, July 25, 2013

Thanks in Acetate

Here's a card I made a few weeks ago for the Inspiration challenge over on Split Coast.  The inspiration for us that week was the Poketo web store!  I was inspired by this colorful confetti wallet .
 And here's the card I was inspired to make.
I remembered I had a sheet of patterned acetate and this wallet reminded me of a piece of it. I've had this package of Transparent Artistic sheets for probably 5-6 years  (I think I got it from Stampington & Co. when I was just buying anything I saw that was crafty! I don't see them there now) and I was so happy to finally use a piece of it!!

So I stamped the THANKS from the WMS set Say It Loud in black directly on the white card base, then layered this piece of acetate (with the orange background, red dots and grey lines) over the card and sentiment, using special vellum glue dots that don't show. And I'm done! So all the color that you see is the pattern on the sheet of acetate. Not quite as colorful as the wallet - but still 'cool' I think!

Don't forget to check out the WMS Pajama Party coming up on July 29th starting at 7 pm EST (12 midnight in Ireland!) -  you can make some of the challenges ahead as you need to link them up within 24 hours of the start -  check it all out here.

I'll be posting a card right here using the Bedtime Story Sketch which is one of the challenges! You have a week to link up your sketch card as it will not be revealed until the party.   Hope to see you then (with your PJ's on!)

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Say it Loud
Paper: white - PTI
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Vellum glue dots, Clearly Creative Transparent Artistic Sheet - Molecular - Magic Scraps

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love how you were inspired...fab card Julia!

*Vicki* said...

Really stunning design Julia! I love using acetate and don't get it out enough!! TFS! HUGS :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic thank you card Julia! Love how you stamped on the acetate!

Ellen Taylor said...

Fabulous to use up stuff from way back!!!! Your use of inspiration one made a terrific card!