Monday, July 15, 2013

A Cat with a Wish

I made today's card using this week's Cas(e) this Sketch.
I've been dying to use this little cat die that I bought over a year ago - I used it here instead of the bird shown on the sketch sample.  My little kitty is sitting on the windowsill of a small gothic window - and the sentiment is cut with a ribbon banner die from Spellbinders.

Today is the 3rd day of my week vacation - we're going to sleep in a little - (we usually get up at 5:30 am so 8 am is late to us!) then we'll putter around the house a bit.  We have prepaid movie tix to see the Lone Ranger at 12:50 - so that will be the event of the day - we also plan to take a ride on the bike path here in town in the early evening when it's a little cooler!

Stamps:  Birthday Centers - Cornish Heritage Farms
Paper:  White, Vintage Cream, Spring Rain - PTI
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories:  glue pen, foam dots,  sitting cat and small gothic window dies - Poppy Stamps. ribbon banners die - Spellbinders.

13 comments:

Dianne said...

You have created such a kool card with the window and sweet cat, love it. I hope you like the pic, it has been getting bad reviews, crazy anything with Johnny is okay with me:O).. Hope you have a FABULOUS week off..

Annette Allen said...

such a cute card..love the cat in the window..

LeAnne said...

LOVE this! Perfectly CAS!

Tricia T said...

Isn't this pretty! I love the cat in the window... my dog does that! : )

Barb Ghig said...

Very pretty CAS card!

Mona Pendleton said...

So cute Julia! My GF has a black cat that sits on her craft room window sill and looks out the window!

*Vicki* said...

Such a lovely CAS design Julia! Love the banner! :)

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Love your card, I'm partial to cats! Your day sounds lovely! Hugs!

lostinpaper said...

I can see why you love this die, it's so sweet, especially in the blue window. It's another wonderful card!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Very cool creation! Love the simplicity.

Jill Norwood said...

Oh that kitty is sweet! What a lovely card design! I think you could use this for so many different occasions - love that!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a cute card Julia-I am sure any cat lover would really like it-hope you are enjoying your vacation-relax and stamp!!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Julia, this is absolutely perfect . . .reminds me of my kitty, as that's her favorite place to sit, too. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS(E) This Sketch - we're so glad you did!