Friday, June 7, 2013

A Wonderful Time with a Feather

I have a list of 2-3 challenges a day that I like to check out and then create cards for if I'm inspired and have the time - and it's funny how often the challenges are similar - which has to be pure coincidence - but what are the odds???!!  Such is the case this week with the two challenges I made this card for:
I sponged the green and blue onto the bottom of the panel with Ranger Distress Inks (so nice and juicy!) - masking each section as I sponged.  Then I stamped the Waltzingmouse sentiment from Join US and the feather from Marks Finest Papers set -Bold and Free (retired) in black.  I tried to place the feather as if it was a feather pen - and the writer had just finished writing this note to the host!

And here are the two challenges:

Feathers are so trendy right now!

Stamps:  sentiment from Join Us - Waltzingmouse, feather from Bold and Free - Marks Finest Papers.
Paper:  white - PTI, Pacific Point - SU
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Mowed Lawn and Salty Ocean
Accessories - Eclipse Tape, blending tool - Ranger.



9 comments:

Pauline said...

Love your feather card Julia, I love the feather image, and the blocks of colour, so 'on-trend' as they say!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Fabulous card, my friend. The sentiment is just the best!!! Did you have problems with water?? Check out my blog for the goings-on here! YUCK!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great take from the inspiration card -- I recognize that feather ;)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Marybeth said...

Beautiful CAS ,Julia ! I know what you mean about challenges trending the same way , lots of C. With banners now too! Love all the sentiments from join us one of my favorite sets! Good luck hope you win!

Cathy Weber said...

My first thought was this is a feather pen like in the really old days...great job on this one Julia, love the sentiment with the feather. I have seen a lot of feather challenges around lately. Feathers must be the new chevron or hexagons!

Jeanne J said...

Beautiful detailed feather image on your clean looking card Julia! So pretty!

Maureen said...

love the blocks of colour and the simple feather image :) Thanks so much for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

Kim S said...

I really like your simple sponged background for that beautiful feather.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin