Thursday, May 23, 2013

Katie's 30

 
 My niece Katie (the mother of my adorable grand nephew, Landon and sweet grand nice, Mila who have graced the pages of this blog quite often!) - turns 30 on 5/26, and her DH Greg had a birthday party for her this past Saturday -  it was a gorgeous sunny day and they had it in their back yard with a wonderful big maple tree that shades half of the yard  and a big wooden gym set for the kids to play on - so we could sit in sun or shade and watch the kids play and run around!
Being this was a milestone b'day - I wanted to give her something special and wrap it in something special!  So I decorated this jute bag from Pouch Mart.  

I die cut a piece of Natural Sticky Back Canvas with a Spellbinders Wonky Rectangle.  Then I 'painted' it by pushing a piece of bubble wrap in some green and blue Acrylic Paints I spread on a piece of wax paper and dabbing the bubble wrap onto the the canvas.   After it dried I glued on letters and numbers and stuck it to the bag (it has a sticky back).  Not trusting that it would stay on with multiple openings and closings of the bag - I punched through the two top corners and tied it on with wrinkled seam tape (my Cropadile punches through a lot of thickness!).  I also used some Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive on the bottom corners and along the sides - making sure the glue didn't run through onto the back of the bag!  I added a red heart that I punched from glitter paper.
Then I added a book ring on the top corner with tags stamped with words of all the things Katie is - wife, niece, friend, mum, sister, daughter, and daughter-in-law.  The stamp set is Compact Family from Waltzingmouse.  The last tag says Happy Birthday Wishes and that's from the Compact Sentiments set.

And I have to show you the special gift I bought her.  It came in this lovely box with the pretty ribbon and pearl tied around it.
Inside was this sterling silver bracelet with the names of her children hand stamped into the sterling silver hearts.
I loved it when it came in the mail - she loved it when she opened it!  I got it on line at The Vintage Pearl.

And finally here are some photos of the b'day party -  This is Katie on the left with Mila - and Katie's sister, Christie (James' mother and my other niece) on the right.  (Katie and Christie are my sister's girls)
Here is James - he'll be 2 on Memorial Day this year!
Here is Landon, he'll be 3 in September.
 Here is our show stealer -  9 month old Mila (I could just eat her up!!)
and I just have to share one more pic of a side view! Look at those sweet cheeks!!

God is Good!




Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Compact Family, Compact Sentiments
Paper:  blue and green Cordinations Ranger Distress, Natural Sticky Back Canvas - Claudine Helmuth Studio, red sparkle paper - Michaels
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories:  Block Alphabet and Numbers dies - PTI, Wonky Rectangle die - Spellbinders, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive - Michaels, Martha Stewart Acrylic Paints - Summer Haze, Peas Shoot, heart punch - EK Success, Book Ring - Staples, bubble wrap from packaging in an order I received, wrinkled seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop, Cropadile, jute bag - Pouch Mart.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Gorgeous project Julia, fantastic ideas to include all of those tags on the card. Looks like you had a lovely day celebrating :) Cathy x

Mona Pendleton said...

What a beautiful gift bag Julia! You've always inspired me with these! Darling photos :) Surely it was very well received and greatly appreciated!

Patti J said...

What a beautiful gift set! Julia, you are amazing! The bracelet is so lovely, and how special that her children's names are on it. The packaging is just perfect! Thanks for sharing the photos of her special day...looks like it was a wonderful day!

Annette Allen said...

aww what a sweet post.thanks for sharing..

Dianne said...

Oh I looooove the bubble wrap background, fabulous bag, and the tags are brilliant The party looked like big fun, and that little doll has the cuuuuutest checks, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day..

Joan Ervin said...

Ya did good, Auntie!!! The burlap packaging is fabulous especially with the ring attached with Katie's names and what a beautiful silver bracelet!!! The pics are wonderful, too...the kiddos are absolutely adorable!!!!