Friday, May 24, 2013

Happy Red White and Blue

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all my blogging friends in the US -  I would like to take a moment to thank all the ladies and men who have or who are presently serving in the military services - my son, Josh, included who served in the US Army right out of High School.   He's been out for about 12 years now but  here he is when he was stationed in South Korea for a year right out of boot camp.


So - on to my card for today -  which I made for 3 challenges out here in blog land:
I used this weeks Cas(e) this Sketch.
The Free 4 All challenge on Split Coast was to 'Repeat' something on your card at least twice
Cas-ual Fridays challenge is to use Red, White and Blue (my circles and Birthday are blue ink in case you can't detect that in the pic!)

I stamped the line circles stamp, masked the top half and sponged the red on the bottom.

I took today off to get my car serviced and inspected, go to a doctor's appt, and plant flowers at my parents and grandparents graves for Memorial Day - so I have a 4 day weekend (although rain is predicted for all of it here in MA!!)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Stamps:  Happy and Birthday from Paper Smooches/Birthday Buddies, circle/line from Cas-ual Fridays Stamps/Woot Woot.
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Memento Nautical Blue and Lady Bug, Ranger Distress Barn Door.


10 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Julia,
Thanks to your son for his service! It might have been years ago, but it was a sacrifice that is appreciated!

I love your cards and hope that the weather doesn't dampen your weekend too much!

Hugs!!

Renee said...

We never had to go through Korea when Patrick was in...
but he did do 6 months in Egypt right after we got married...
and I appreciate every one who has volunteered to serve this country so willingly...
Thanks to your son for his sacrifice.
And what a fabulous card...
CAS...
just the way I like 'em! :)
Have a wonderful weekend!

Stef H said...

fabulous! i love it!

have a great weekend.

hugs :)

lostinpaper said...

Great CAS design, love the way you have split the sentiment. (Sounds like you have a busy weekend planned!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Mona Pendleton said...

Thanks to your son for serving our country Julia! Such a fun card! Hope you have a fun and safe holiday weekend!

Marybeth said...

Julia please tell Josh I thank him for his service! And thank you both for your deep sacrifice for this country!God Bless you both!

Joan Ervin said...

What a wonderful CAS design, Julia....you do CAS beautifully!!!! George did two tours in Korea...he said the best thing about his deployment was the food. I'm glad Josh is home safe and sound!!!

Jen W. said...

A fabulously CAS card and I love the extra "happy"s!
Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Deb said...

Fabulous CAS card!!! I love the border stamp running between the red and white. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!