Friday, April 19, 2013

A Party Over the Rainbow

I'm home from work today due to the search for the Marathon Bombers going on here.  One has been killed and the other is on the run.  I commute into Boston on public transit - and the whole transit system has been shut down.  Many towns (including Boston) have been closed off and people are told to stay in their homes as they search for the remaining suspect.  He is a 19 year old boy (the older brother, who has been killed, was possibly 26) - so very sad to think what influenced them to be involved in this.  My prayers are with everyone affected by this tragedy.

So - being home - I had some time to create a card for several CAS challenges while watching the search for the remaining suspect unfold on TV.

A CAS design -  I punched the colors with the Word Window Punch by SU - arranging them in a loose line.  I adhered the arrow - punched with the Dienamics Lead the Way Arrows from MFT - over the colors.  Then I simply stamped the word PARTY from Waltzingmouse beneath the colors.

Challenges entered:





Stamp set used:
Note:   please check out the Flower Show going on at Claire's Waltzingmouse Blog.  Eleven uber talented Guest Designers have created inspirational flower cards to show you. You could win 5 sets of WMS stamps by participating in a CASE challenge.  See Claire's blog for all the details!!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Free Spirit Sentiments
Paper: white, true black, plum pudding, blueberry sky, new leaf, harvest gold, orange zest, pure poppy - PTI
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: word window punch - SU, Arrows - Dienamics MFT



18 comments:

Pauline said...

So glad you are safe Julia, such a terrible tragedy to happen. I'm just glad they know who to look for now.

Love your cheerful card of colours and the CAS design!

Have a good weekend.

LeAnne said...

Oh my goodness! I was wracking my brain, trying to think of bloggers/stampers that are in the Boston area!!! I am glad you are home safe & sound. Your time at home was rewarding, because this card is AWESOME!

Riet said...

So gorgeous Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jenny @ I-dream-in-paper.blogspot.co.uk said...

Fab card. Love the higgledy piggledy (is that how you spell it?) background. Jenny

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

This is cool - it really feels like a party! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Deborah Frings said...

What a fun card! Perfectly CAS!

I can't imagine what it's been like in Boston for the last week - glad you're safe.

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Firstly, so good to hear you are safe Julia! Secondly, I'm glad you were able to turn to creativity whilst all this is going on. I know it must have not been the easiest of tasks, which makes your gorgeous card even more awesome.

Jean Bullock said...

Very cool and modern.

Annette said...

what a cool design.. very modern.

Jeanne J said...

Nice case on JJ Julia! I love the rainbow of color and the clean look of your card. So glad you are safe - a real tragedy for our entire country - glad the suspect has been apprehended and hopefully things can settle down there and get back to normal. My heart breaks for those who were injured.

Jenny said...

Brilliant design, love the bold rainbow bars..... I'm always a sucker for rainbow colours :0)

Tracey McNeely said...

Julia it was definitely a tragedy and I am so glad that it is over. How terrifying it must have been for all of Boston yesterday. You completely rocked all of these challenges. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

lostinpaper said...

What a fantastic graphic design, LOVE how you have added the arrow over those bright cheery colours.
Thanks so much for sharing at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

Meghan said...

What an amazing clean and simple graphic card! I love it! So glad you in on joined the fun at CASology this week!

Judy1223 said...

What a fun, colorful, chic card! Great for all the challenges, too! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Dena J said...

Marvelous bright card, Julia. My brother and sister-in-law are in Belmont...I have been watching and sending prayers to Boston all week. Glad that there is some resultion to a terrible ordeal this week.

Rosemary said...

clever way to use the word window punch! fabulous card!! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

Debby said...

What a wonderful pop of colour! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)