Saturday, March 2, 2013

Just Saying Hello!

I'm sharing a card today that I made for the Inspiration Challenge over on Split Coast.  The inspiration site this week was an Etsy shop called Decoylab - they make fun clocks and I was inspired by this one - a vintage phone clock.
It reminded me I had a Movers and Shapers phone die that I bought almost a year ago and hadn't even tried out yet!
 So I die cut the phone in black, then cut the dial piece out of brushed gold and adhered it over the black dial. Then I covered the black part of the phone with Crackle Accents - it hasn't dried yet - so it just looks shiny but it should have a slightly crackled look later on tonight!! (don't try to speed up the drying with a heat gun - it will just blister - how do I know that??!!)

My papers are from Library Ledger from PTI and my sentiment is from The Cat's Pajamas - Warm Fuzzies Set.  The phone is popped up on foam tape.  I sponged the edges of the papers with Ranger Distress Weathered Wood and distressed the edges.

Just to let you know - Claire is having Sneak Peeks of her March release over on the WMS blog if you'd like to take a look!

Stamps: The Cat's Pajamas - Warm Fuzzies
Paper: Vintage Cream, true Black, DP Text Style Library Ledger - PTI, Brushed Gold - SU
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Weatherd Wood
Accessories: Crackle Accents - Ranger, Tim Holtz Alterations Movers and Shakers Vintage Telephone and Typewriter die set, foam tape

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Hey Julia I love the old telephone wish I still had one:):) I don't even own a cell phone LOL.. There is a lady I watch her videos and she is always using her heat gun on her crackle. I wouldn't know I've never used the crackle, anyway thanks for sharing and will be back to set it dried.. Have a wonderful day..

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx