Monday, February 11, 2013

You're Still the One

I made this card for two CAS challenges this week:

Cas-ual Friday - Love Song
Less is More - 1 layer music theme

So I had this cute little kitty stamp who's reading a piece of sheet music - and I stamped 'You're still the one'  in the empty space at the top of the sheet.

In case you are too young to know this song -  here are the words.  Orleans is a group that started in 1972 - you can read about them here.  You can HEAR the song  here.

 Not my favorite song in the whole world - but it does remind me of my college dormitory years!

STILL THE ONE (Orleans)
 
We've been together since way back when
Sometimes I never want to see you again
But I want you to know, after all these years
You're still the one I want whisperin' in my ear
You're still the one I want to talk to in bed
Still the one that turns my head
We're still having fun, and you're still the one

I looked at your face every day
But I never saw it 'til I went away
When winter came, I just wanted to go
Deep in the desert, I longed for the snow

You're still the one that makes me laugh
Still the one that's my better half
We're still having fun, and you're still the one

You're still the one that makes me strong
Still the one I want to take along
We're still having fun, and you're still the one

Changing, our love is going gold
Even though we grow old, it grows new
You're still the one that I love to touch
Still the one and I can't get enough
We're still having fun, and you're still the one

You're still the one who can scratch my itch
Still the one and I wouldn't switch
We're still having fun, and you're still the one

You are still the one that makes me shout
Still the one that I dream about
We're still having fun, and you're still the one...

Stamps:  Jazzy Cat - Stampabilities, You're still the one sentiment from Feeling groovy Set - Verve
Paper:  Rustic Cream PTI
Ink:  Versafine Archival Vintage Sepia and Onyx black

11 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card Julia!

LeAnne said...

Adorable song, I mean card! Really! And yes, I do remember the song, and now I will have it in my head all day long! It actually brings back fond memories! Love that kitty.

Patti J said...

How cute, and 'purr'fect for both challenges! Oh, yes, I do remember that song well, and ha ha ha, I'll be singing it all day! Thanks for sharing :)

Susan said...

Poppin' by Julia to say Hi and so glad I did today!!! That is one of my husband's FAVORITE songs, and he sings it to ME all the time! So your CAS card is purr~fect for today. Be warm and cozy.

Chrissie said...

This is a sweetie!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a cute and beautiful CAS card Julia!! I love the words on that song!! Can't say I remember the song but thanks for sharing!! I makes a great Valentine song for that someone special!!

Kimberly said...

Julia - what a cute CAS card! I do know that song, but when I read the sentiment, I first thought of the Shania Twain song. Both are great! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jill Norwood said...

Love this! It just made me smile...and now I have that song in my head! LOL!!! So sweet!

dpkennedy said...

Oh, so sweet Julia!

Darnell said...

Winner. Period.

Anonymous said...

AWW! So simply sweet Julia!! :) Thanks for sharing!! Have a happy day! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki*
*My Blog* - Stamp Smiles