Tuesday, February 5, 2013

H20 for Christmas

So the newest Jingle Belles challenge is Ho Ho H20 -  use a water related image.   I looked in my Christmas stamp drawer and found this cutie hedgehog from Penny Black  -  happily skating across the pond to deliver his little package!

I made the background with acrylic paint and bubble wrap.  I spread some paint on my non-stick mat then pressed a piece of the bubble wrap into the paint - then pressed the bubble wrap onto a white card stock panel.   I embossed the image in black and then colored him with Copics.

Stamps: Penny Black - Christmas Critters
Paper: white - PTI
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: bubble wrap, acrylic paint - Martha Stewart, Copics N2, W2, R20, E00, R29

11 comments:

Annette Allen said...

what a fun card.. that little image is so adorable...

Mona Pendleton said...

So adorable Julia! Love it!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

dpkennedy said...

This is adorable! Love the bubble wrap stamped bg!

Ellen Taylor said...

This is fantastic Julia! Love the bubble wrap background!

scrappymo! said...

Cute!!!

Barbara said...

Cute and fun! I love stenciled/ paited polka dots.

Marianne said...

Adorable card and cool technique. It's fun to see that I'm not the only one using a 'household' item to create a background for our JB card LOL.

SmilynStef said...

Love the bubble wrap sky ... and what a cute little ice skater ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

lauren bergold said...

oh ♥WOW♥!!! how completely FABULOUS is this?! absolutely looooove the sweet skating mouse (well who would NOT?!) but the bubble wrap "snowy sky" is BEYOND awesome... kind of want to save a bit from my next package just to try THIS!!! totally inspiring and utterly gorgeous! thanks for joining our snowy fun at JINGLE BELLES!!! ♥

Barbara said...

Bubble wrap! I first thought they were finger prints! Love the little hedgehog - a wonderful card!