Sunday, February 17, 2013

Feb Friends of WMS Blog Party - A Parisian Doily


Today I'm participating in the Friends of Waltzingmouse Blog Party that happens the 17th of every month.  The theme is announced on the first of every month over on Claire's WMS blog.  This month the theme is doilies.
I used this intricately patterned half doily from the Dainty Doilies 2 - Small set for my background, stamping it on a soft print patterned paper.   I layered the Eiffel Tower from Paris Nouveau over it - popping it up off center on foam tape. To finish it off, I stamped the Merci directly on the paper and sponged the edges with Ranger Distress Dried Marigold.  As I sponged the corners, I let them curl up a bit to give a little distressed look.

Are you joining in this month's blog party?  If you didn't know about it ahead of time, you still have time to create a card - check all the details and link up your card on the WMS blog here.

Let's go see all the creative ways everyone used doilies!

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Dainty Doilies 2 - Small and Paris Nouveau
Paper:  Vintage Cream, True Black, Patterned paper - My Minds Eye/Miss Caroline
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Dried Marigold
Accessories:  foam tape.

30 comments:

Annette Allen said...

GORGEOUS....

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Julia this is simply so beautiful, I love that doily paired with the Eiffel Tower.

Teresa Kline said...

so pretty, I adore the Eiffel Tower...perfect pairing!

enjoy *~*

~Tammy~ said...

This is stunning! Love the Eiffel Tower image with the doily! They sure look like they were always meant to be placed together!

Lori said...

Just beautiful! Love the doily as a background for the Eiffel Tower image.

LaurieJ said...

Wow, perfection! It's simple, yet so so elegant. I love it!

Jeanne J. said...

Wow Julia! That half doily is the perfect backdrop for the Eiffel Tower - this is pure French elegance!

Joyce said...

I just love this. You've got the doily, and none of the fru fru--a gal after my own heart. I wish I had made this card.

Kim Heggins said...

This is so stunning! I can't think of a better place to put an Eiffel Tower but on a beautiful doily. Fabulous card.

Kelly S. said...

Oh this is just the best match up of images ever, Julia! Such a soft old world look. And of course the perfect sentiment! Such an elegant and classy thank you note!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Such a wonderful and creative use of that doily stamp - LOVE it!!!

Tara Cardwell said...

love your creative use of the doily

Lynn Mercurio said...

Lovely, Julia. Your patterned paper is a great compliment to this Parisian scene.

Cathy Weber said...

Your card reminds of fireworks going off behind the Eiffel Tower Julia...what a great idea to use that half doily.

Renee said...

OK...
I like Cathy's description...
makes you think of fireworks behind the Tower...
and it's gorgeous!!
I love that you used the doily for it! :)

Deborah Frings said...

Oh la la!! Such a pretty feminine card! Love it!

-Aneta- said...

I´m in love with Paris :) Your card is such a eye candy for me :) Just love it´s vintage look !

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Julia - lovin' the stamped doily! Great job :)

Anne Harada said...

Nice combo of stamps here Julia! Pretty design, and fab doily!! Great job GF!

Charmaine Stack said...

Fabulous, Julia! Love the way you used that doily half stamp.

Pauline said...

Tis is just beautiful Julia, a CAS design, but that doily and the elegant paper give so much texture and interest. Stunning!

Claire said...

Love how you've put these two stamp sets together...beautiful

Dianne said...

Really gorgeous, I love the doilie stamp, and who doesn't like the Eiffel tower such a beautiful card thanks for sharing...

Vickie Z said...

Julia love the doily with Eiffel tower....gorgeous!!

Carla said...

Lovely card from Paris!!!

Love from Holland

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous, Julia! Simply elegant! Love that dainty stamp.

Cassi said...

gorgeous! i keep forgetting about that awesome eiffel tower :)

Jean Martin said...

Gorgeous card Julia! Love! :)

Unknown said...

Cracking card Julia! I love how crisp the doily looks behind the tower!! hugs to you!