Thursday, February 7, 2013

Bubble Wrap and Acrylic Paint

Today I have two cards to share - using the same background technique that I used on Tuesday's card.  Since I had the materials out - I made several panels.  To review (!)  First I spread some acrylic paint onto my non stick craft mat - then I pressed a piece of bubble wrap into the paint (like tapping a stamp on an ink pad!) and finally, I pressed the bubble wrap onto a panel of white card stock.

For my first card - I used stamps from Rescue Remedies by Waltzingmouse.  I black embossed the images over the background and added rhinestones to the circles.  I'll use this as a Get Well card.

For my second card I die cut the acrylic paint background panel with a Labels 18 Nestability.  I embossed the Eiffel Tower in silver, cut it out and layered it over the panel with foam tape.  I added 3 rhinestones and stamped the Merci in the corner.








Conditioning Powders Card
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Rescue Remedies
Paper: white, true black, aqua mist - PTI
Ink: versamark
Accessories: black embossing powder, acrylic paint - Martha Stewart, bubble wrap, heat gun, rhinestones - Kaiser 

Eiffel Tower Card
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Paris Nouveau
Paper: white, Aqua Mist - PTI
Ink: Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Labels 18 Nestabilities, silver emb powder, heat gun, rhinestones - Kaiser, foam tape, acrylic paint - Martha Stewart, bubble wrap