Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Beauty of Nature

Happy Sunday everyone!  I hope you are having a lovely fall weekend.  Here in Massachusetts it has been perfect weather - cool and sunny with the leaves turning and beginning to fall!

I made this card for the Inspiration Challenge over on Split Coast.  Our inspiration site this week was Pier 1 Imports (I love that store!).  This pretty table runner was my inspiration.
I knew I would use my favorite Rubbernecker stamp set Fall Trilogy set for my card.  Because I wanted to emboss my stems - I first inked them in Versamark and then my color ink, then I clear embossed them.  I sponged the background, masking off areas with a piece of computer paper until it was all covered.

I'm also entering this card in these challenges:

 Just Us Girls challenge - to emboss resist 

Catch the Bug challenge -  a fall meadow inspiration photo.

Just a reminder - 10/17 is the Monthly Waltzingmouse Blog Party - it's a color theme this month - check it out here.  It's always on my sidebar as well!  Hope to see you at the party!!

Stamps: Rubbernecker - Fall Triology - Sentiment/Beauty all Its' Own
Paper: white, terrecotta tile - PTI, red/ Ranger Distress Coredinations
Ink: Versamark, Ranger Distress Scattered Straw, Fired Brick, Mustard Seed, Rusty Hinge
Accessories: Rhinestones - Kaiser, foam tape. Labels 10 Nestabilities, Ribbon - PTI, clear embossing powder, hot gun

14 comments:

Juliana said...

This is beautiful, Julia!
I love how this turned out!! The masked color areas are really cool!

Wonderful Card!

sammi said...

Beautiful card! Thank your for playing along with us in our challenge at Catch The Bug! We appreciate you! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Bugaboo Stamps

Joanne Travis said...

What a beautiful translation of the inspiration piece!! So warm and rich, I love the colors. Hope you have been doing well, Julia!

chris boldovici said...

Amazing card, I love it...the colors are beautiful.....
come visit me at my blog if you like.

Lisa Kind said...

This beautiful! I love how you used the emboss resist technique with the different colors! So clever! Thanks for playing with Just Us girls!

Also, I recognized the picture in your header. I was there in 1994 and thoroughly loved Ireland! I'd love to go back!

Riet said...

So beauutiful Julia.


Hugs Riet.xx

Marisa said...

I love leaf images and fall colours so totally enjoying your cards :) Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week!

Deborah Frings said...

This is wonderful. Love the rich, warm colours and the resist embossing is fab!

Peggy said...

Awesome take on the inspiration photo Julia! Your card is beautiful!

Tammy Miller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy Miller said...

I love you project! It fits our theme perfectly! Thanks so much for joining our photo inspirational challenge over at CTB! I hope you will join us again very soon!

Jen Leeflang said...

What a gorgeous elegant card!
Thanks for joining us at Bugaboo's Photo Inspiration Challenge. Good luck in the draw, and be sure to come and play again soon!
love
Jen Leeflang
Bugaboo DT member

Paul said...

The colours on this are stunning. Thanks so much for joining in with us this week for the Catch The Bug Photo Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps. I hope you enjoyed it enough to join us again for our next challenge.
TFS
Paul
Crafty Blogocks
DT Member for Catch The Bug

Min said...

Fabulous project! Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Photo Inspiration Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! We hope you join us again tomorrow for our Anything Goes challenge.
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
Kaymin Kreations