Saturday, October 27, 2012

Leaf Kissing


For this fall card, I combined another HYCCT challenge - to use the stamp kissing technique with this week's sketch over at Split Coast. 

For my 'kissing' I used a solid leaf stamp and a gingham background stamp - both from Waltzingmouse.  First I inked up the leaf with Peanut Brittle - then I inked the gingham background stamp with one of the darker colors listed in my supplies below.  Then I 'kissed' or pressed the stamps together - and when I stamped the leaf on the cardstock - it had the gingham on it!

I used 3 different patterned papers from the DCWV Fall Stack for the panels. I sponged the leaf panel and the base panel with Ranger Distress Scattered Straw and added some rhinestones.

This busy sketch was a challenge for me as I'm more of a CAS girl at heart but I think I got it done!

Remember to check out Claire's blog - she's sneak peeking the Nov Waltzingmouse Release!  The Design Team will start their peeks on Tues Oct 30th so be sure to check back!

Stamps: Waktzingmouse - leaf and sentiment from Blessed by You, gingham from Gingham & Co
Paper: vintage Cream, dark chocolate - PTI, DP DCWV Fall Stack 2
Ink: Memento Peanut Brittle, Bamboo Leaves, Rhubarb Stalk, Versafine Olympic Green, Archival Coffee, Ranger Distress Scattered Straw
Accessories: rhinestones - Kaiser

7 comments:

Riet said...

Whth a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oo-la-la! I love this idea - kissing stamps! How sweet - and what a great look, it means with some good background sets you can do almost anything! Hooray!! Great card - the dots are a great surprise!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Julia! Love the pretty fall foliage! Reminds me of the beautiful leaves I saw in Central Park last week :)

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous colours...what a great fall card!

Mara Campbell said...

This is so pretty! I love the leaves, such a great technique. And I like all the different paper and how you layered it. Great card!

Pauline said...

So beautiful Julia, I love those kissed leaves!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great job with the technique! Love all your layers too! :)