Saturday, October 13, 2012

I had a Wonderful Time!

My sister recently hosted my 60th (gasp!) b'day family party.  It was a lovely day shared with my son, Josh and his fiance April, my nieces, Chris and Katie, their spouses, 2 sweet toddlers and our new baby, Mila! (and, of course, my sister, Marcia and brother in-law Bob)  Poor DH Kent was in the hospital for a couple of days so he couldn't go! He's home and fine now thank goodness!

So I wanted to let them know how much I enjoyed the day with them all by making special thank you cards.

I had taken lots of candid pictures of the kids so I found two to crop and print for my cards.

I sent this card to my sister and her DH, Bob as the hosts. James and Landon (cousins, 9 months apart in age) were happily playing with toys Grandma (my sister) has for them to play with at her house.
and here is the inside of the card.  The lovely sentiments are from a set called Join Us by Waltzingmouse.
And I sent this card to both Katie and Christie - thanking them for their thoughtful gifts
After I photographed the cards, I wrote personal notes to each of them before mailing them off.
Here's Landon helping his great-aunt Julia blow out the candles.

And here I'm cutting up some cake for the boys.
I couldn't leave without a picture of the newest member of our family, Mila (pronounced Mee-la) held by her mummy, Katie
Gosh - I'm so thankful for my family!

If you're looking for something to do this weekend -  check out the Saturday Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge -   the rules have changed -  you don't need to use WMS stamps to participate!

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Join Us
Paper:  Terrecotta Tile, True Black,  - PTI
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  photo


6 comments:

Pauline said...

Happy birthday to you Julia, hope you had the most wonderful day!
Gorgeous photo cards Of those adorable boys, and your birthday cake looks yummy!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Happy Birthday (belated) Julia! I can see that you had a lovely day - and I'm so impressed by your photo cards (what a thoughtful idea!). Hugs!!

Jill Norwood said...

Your post is full of love and so beautiful! Family is the greatest blessing I agree! Happy Birthday!
:) Jill

Jeanne J. said...

Looks like a perfect day to me! Happy belated birthday - looks like you got all you wished for - surrounded by family and lots of love! Brilliant cards - your post made me smile!

Ellen Taylor said...

happy belated birthday Julia!! Birthday are the best when family is around, especially the little ones. Glad your dh is better! Fabulous thank you cards!!

Mary Marsh said...

Happy belated birthday Julia-love all the beautiful family photos-and they caught a great one of you with the boys