Sunday, June 3, 2012

Stampin' Sisterhood June Challenge


Hi Stampin' Sisters!   Today Jacquie has the Stampin' Sisterhood June Challenge up over at the blog.
It's an inspiration photo this month -  and look how fun it is!  Fun AND yummy!
And here's the card I was inspired to make from it:
I used the wine glass (#639-05) and Wine Flies sentiment (#640-01) from the new 2012 Happy Hour group of stamps.  Check it out -  Dave has tons of fun, tongue in cheek sentiments and an assortment of beverage glasses - for all your Happy Hour card needs!!

I colored the wine glass with Barn Door and Scattered Straw Ranger Distress Markers (a new purchase!)  The Postage Stamp Nestability die cut back panel is embossed with Tim Holtz Diamond Plate embossing folder and the wings (Tim Holtz Heart Wings Die) are embossed with Tim Holtz Riveted Metal embossing folder - both by Sizzix.  I tied twine around the Postage Stamp panel and added rhinestones to the sentiment panel. 

Kind of a funky little design - but I like it!  and actually - everything (accept the paper & the rhinestones) that I used on this card is new!! (I've been VERY bad!!)

You have all month to join in on our June Challenge -  check out all the details and see what you could win  - over at the Stampin' Sisterhood Blog

I'm actually at the Stamping Show in West Springfield this weekend  (Sat & Sunday) - with fellow Stampin' Sister Anne Harmon -  we're helping  Dave at the Rubbernecker Booth  -  if you're in the area stop by and say hi!!  

Stamps:  Rubbernecker - Wine Flies #640-01, Wine Glass #639-05
Paper:  White, Poppy Red - PTI
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Foam tape, Riveted Metal & Diamond Plate Embossing folders - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Lemon Drop Bakers Twine - the Twinery,  Postage Stamp Nestabilities, wings - Heart Wings die - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Ranger Distress Markers - Barn Door & Scattered Straw, rhinestones - Michaels.

11 comments:

Ellen Taylor said...

Fun Fun card Julia! I could think of a gazillion people to send that to! So great you have all those new toys. New Toys are always good ~never bad!! Have fun at the show with Anne!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

I thought about using these same images, Julia! I love your fun, funky card. I bet you and Anne have had a lot of fun this weekend at the show.

Annette Allen said...

aww wow what a great card...love it

Mara Campbell said...

I LOVE your card!!!!! Such a fun sentiment and I love that big wine glass!!

Joan Ervin said...

This is fabulous, Julia!!!! I love all your new goodies, especially the wine glass with the wings...sooo fun!!!!! I hope you had a great time at the stamp show....the best part is coming home with new stamps!!!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I like it too, and this card is such fun with that sentiment. How clever to add the wings to make the words so true!! that wine looks a little RED to me, not really my order at the bar, and you know that for a fact!! Hugs, GF!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is so much fun, Julia! I love the wings on the glass and that sentiment is super!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh dear Julia, what a fabulous card! Oh so true! Especially when you fall asleep after drinking that tasty glass of wine! :) LOL

Anonymous said...

Love the card Julia! It was so nice to see you in W. Springfield.


Heather

dpkennedy said...

Love it! Very creative!

Pauline said...

This is a brilliant take on the inspiration pic! Love the wine glass and sentiment!