Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Butterfly Sympathy and 2 Reminders!

Just popping in to share a CAS Sympathy card I made for last week's Featured Stamper challenge over on Split Coast.

And to remind you about the April Sunday Stampin' Sisterhood Sketch challenge - there's still time to join in!  My card is posted over there today, (and you can see it here on my blog )so I hope you check it out!

Also -  the Waltzingmouse Blog Party is coming up on April 17th where the theme is new beginnings - think wedding, babies, new blooms in the garden??  See details here.   Come join the fun!

So here's my card:

I was inspired by Ali's  Less is More Aqua card.

I have the same butterfly die she used - but I used a die cut of patterned paper layering it on the card base, rather than die cutting it out of the front panel as she did. I used a frame stamp instead of scoring lines and used a sympathy sentiment instead of get well.  This is a great card for making multiples as it's so easy!

My stamps are from Waltzingmouse -  the frame is from the Frame It set and the 'in sympathy' sentiment is from Asian Gardens Additions.

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - frame from Frame It Set, In Sympathy from Asian Garden Additions Set
Paper: white- PTI, DP Capella Paper Pad - Basic Grey
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: butterfly die - Provo Craft

5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

very pretty...i love the paper you used to make that super cute butterfly...

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Wow! Your butterfly is beautiful!

Pauline said...

Beautifully CAS in design, love that butterfly shape, and the pretty paper.

Wanda Cullen said...

This is such a stunning CAS card, Julia! Love the design!

Joan Ervin said...

What a fabulous CAS design, Julia...the butterfly is sooo pretty and I love the line frame!!!!