Friday, February 17, 2012

WMS Blog Party - Spring has Sprung

Hey friends!  Today I'm participating in the Waltzingmouse Blog Party - held the 17th of each month.  This month's theme is Looking Forward to Spring.

Flowers are definitely a harbinger of spring so that's what I used on my card today - cutting them out of bright colors of card stock and layering them over a black and white dotted background to make them POP!

My colorful roses are from the Roses in Bloom set and the spring sentiment is from Spring Baskets.  I embossed the roses and leaves in black, cut them out and sponged the edges in coordinating colors of distress inks to deepen the colors a bit.  I popped up two of the roses on foam tape and added rhinestones to the centers.  My card is 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" so it will still fit in an A2 envelope even with the leaves sticking out over the edge of the card!

We hope you are joining us at the WMS Blog Party this month!!

You'll find all the wonderful spring cards linked up over at the Waltzingmouse Blog here starting at 1:30 pm EST and you must link your card there by 1:30 pm EST on 2/18!  (Claire has extended the cut off time!)

And don't forget - 3 days of sneak peeks of the February WMS release start on Sunday 2/26 with the release on Wed 2/29!

Stamps:  Roses in Bloom, Spring Baskets - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White, Lavender Moon, Berry Sorbet, Simply Chartreuse,  Text Style Bitty Dot Basics 2008 - PTI
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress - Worn Lipstick, Milled Lavender, Scattered Straw, Bundled Sage, Versamark Watermark.
Accessories:  black embossing powder, hot gun, foam tape, rhinestones - Kaiser.

39 comments:

Linsey R said...

Hi Julia! Wow, my friend your Spring floral card is just beautiful! I love each flower in a different vibrant color and those leaves!!! It does POP right off the card and it's wonderful! Thanks for brightening my day with both your lovely Spring card and your wonderful friendship! :) hugs

Cassi said...

beautiful card, these roses are gorgeous! i think i might need to get these :)

Unknown said...

It sure has, all over this card! WOW what a beauty! Love all of those big blooms :)

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh how I long to see some roses blooming...but I'm happy to see them blooming on your project today. Fantastic colors and they look wonderful on that fun background. Awesome job.

Deborah Frings said...

Wonderful roses, I really like the depth you've got with the shading. Just fabulous!

Karen M said...

Very pretty card, Julia. Good strong spring colours Kx

Tara Cardwell said...

Love it - just beautiful!

Joyce said...

What a pretty card. Your flowers are gorgeous.

Cassie_lu said...

love, love, love those flowers and how they pop off of the polka dotted background. amazing card.

Bumblebee said...

Lovely card, those colours really pop on the dark background.

Annette Allen said...

wow I am loving all this vibrant colors...these flowers are amazing and beautiful...love it

Deirdre said...

Wow, stunning. The design reminds me of a polaroid photograph! Love it.

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

this is fab Julia, loving the colours you have chosen perfect Spring card. Love it

ali x

Karin Åkesdotter said...

What a beautiful spring card! LOVE your flowers and choice of colors!
Have a wonderful week-end, hugs, Karin

Kelly S. said...

Oh the colors! Those roses are absolutely amazing against the black and white dots! LOVE that sentiment choices, toooo!

LaurieJ said...

Gorgeous! I think that the lavender rose is especially stunning - I'd like a bouquet of those! Now you have me dreaming of my rose bushes blooming, but alas we have a few more months to go. :(

Super Jen said...

The black makes for a powerful color combo.

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful and those flowers are just perfect for your sentiment.

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, your flowers are really pretty, Julia...love the colors you used and the polka dots make the perfect background!!!!

Kary said...

Hi Julia! Yes, we used the same stamp set ;) and I LOVE your card!! It's gorgeous and I adore the lovely bright spring colours. What a fabulous card!!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Julia! Love the beautiful blossoms! Happy Spring :)

Charmaine Stack said...

These roses are so pretty, Julia. I like the look of the Distress Ink shading. I am looking forward to the DI markers. I also like that dotty background DP.

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Julia, love your sensational spring bouquet , gorgeous colours and perfectly crafted as always.

Marie

Anne said...

What gorgeous vivid flowers, this is lovely and drat! another WM set I "need"!
Anne
x

Renee said...

Beautiful!
Love those fresh bold colors...
perfect roses!!
Makes me want to see them in real life...
and can't wait to! :)

JJ Bolton said...

Just gorgeous! Those blooms just jump right off the card!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love the bright colors and wonderful design. Great card, Julia!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Julia, your flowers just pop right off the page!! Pure gorgeousness!! WOW!!

Pauline said...

Julia, these bright fresh roses certainly pop against the fun polka dot background, a real feast for the eyes! Roll on spring!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful bright spring flower card! Beautiful shading too!

rudlis said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning. It's a beautiful colours combination. I love the delicate and elegant cards.
Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words.

Sharron said...

Gosh, your roses are beautiful! I love how you used colored cardstock and shadowed with distress inks. And the black polka dot background really helps them stand out!

Helen Berry said...

Julia I love the bright flowers on your card and they look wonderful against the dotty background - really lovely Spring card!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

This is just beautiful--makes me wish for my flowers to bloom!

Chris

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is gorgeous, Julia! I love your colored flowers and they really pop off of that navy background! Great job!!

Peggy said...

Love the colorful flowers on this card! Wonderful!

dpkennedy said...

I love these big bold flowers-and on a great polka dot background! Fabulous!

anya said...

A work of art, as always, Julia! I love you bright, bold flowers - they look especially lovely against the dark polka dot background! Fantastic, as always! :)

Robin said...

A bit late going around after the WMS Blog Party but still really enjoying all the fab inspiration... thanks for sharing, love these brilliant colours!!!!
Robin