Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Princess and the Purse

I'm in the midst of cleaning out my craft room -  I have so much 'stuff' in there I have no room to stamp and no place to put my new goodies (I see other heads nodding!).  I've already filled 5 big boxes with stamps I no longer use and haven't even put a dent in the room!  It seems like an endless job - but I'm trying to do one section at a time and not think about now much more there is to go.  I know it will be worth it when I can stamp in a less 'cluttered' environment!

So -  here are 2 creations I did manage to create in the clutter -  both for Split Coast Challenges this week.

This little fairy birthday card was made for  3 challenges -  I was inspired by this  fairy from the Urban Art Loft from the Inspiration Challenge, the Ways to Use it challenge was to use a digital image and I was also inspired by this week's Queen for the Day Barbara's pretty cupcake thank you card  .   I was inspired by her framing her image with a Nestability, using a dotted background and using a banner for her sentiment.

I changed the size of my card to 4 1/4 x 4 1/4.  My Godchild looks just like this adorable fairy Tabia from Mo's Digital Pencil - so this will be for Eden's next birthday! (it's not till November so I hope I remember where I put it by then!)
And I made a little leopard purse for the Tuesday Teapot Challenge -  Our inspiration was a leopard teapot!
You will find this week's Teapot Tuesday challenge here in the SCS forums.

I used a purse die by PTI to create my little bag - cutting it out of cocoa card stock and layering some leopard patterned paper over it.  I added 3 ceramic brads with punched stars behind them down the center. My tag is a stamp from the Afternoon Tea set by Waltzingmouse . I tied it around my wrinkled seam tape bow with some book twine.

This will go to a friend with either a little cookie/candy treat, teabags or maybe a gift card inside!

Fairy Birthday
Stamps:  Fairy Tabia - digi image by Mo's Digital Pencil, Sentiment from MFT Pure Innocence-Birthday Princess
Paper: white, lavender moon, textstyle bitty star basics - PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Weathered Wood
Accessories: Copics - E00, E37, R20, RV23, RV11, BG10, Star Circle & Nested Lacey Pennants Nestabilities, Rhinestones - Kaiser, foam tape.

Leopard Purse
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Afternoon Tea
Paper: Vintage Cream - PTI, Close to Cocoa & Choc Chip - SU, unknown DP
Ink: Archival Coffee, Ranger Distress Tea Dye
Accessories: wrinkled seam tape, book twine & purse die - Papertrey Ink, ceramic brads - Basic Grey, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, Micron 01 fine black pen, star punch - McGill

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful projects. Love that purse! :-)

Peggy said...

Adorable projects Julia!

Jodi Collins said...

These are ADORABLE Julia! LOVE the leopard purse!
I totally understand how the cleaning goes...I have SO much stuff that I will NEVER use...it's time for me to purge also!

Deborah Frings said...

Super projects. I really like the cute fairy and the purse is just such fun!

Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

Esther Asbury said...

Cute purse!