Monday, December 26, 2011

Clean and Simple Snow!

I've been missing a bit here on the old blog - I'm on vacation for two weeks - just at home - busy with holiday preparations and celebrations - some babysitting of one of my sweet grand-nephews - 7 month old James Charles - seen here playing happily with his feet!
- going out to lunch with  my sister at Pickity Place - and today I went to see the Sherlock Holmes movie with my dear husband Kent! - Wednesday I have plans to meet my stamping friend Anne (jdmommy) for lunch and I still have 7 more days off!

I have been stamping though -  and here are two I made for Split Coast challenges - both oddly enough involving snow! (although our ground is bare here in New England we did have some flurries on Christmas Day!)

This card was made for the CAS challenge (to make a window card) as well as the Technique Lovers Challenge - to make a simple thank you card.  I used 3 new toys on this - the Small Madison Window die, the Snowfall die and the Country Landscape die.  I sponged the window and the landscape with Antique Linen.  I love how this came out!
My second snow card is also a thank you card -  made for the Color Challenge which is Night of Navy, Bashful Blue and White with the dessert option of using glitter (that I put on the punched snowflakes!)
The flight pattern stamp is from Little Lady set by Papertrey Ink, and the Thank You is from Join Us set by Waltzingmouse.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Window Card
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Thank You from the set Join Us
Paper: White - PTI
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Antique Linen
Accessories: foam tape, Small Madison Window Die - Poppy Stamps, Snowfall and Country Landscape Die - Memory Box

Snow Flake Card
Stamps: thank you from Join Us by Waltzingmouse, flight line from Little Lady by PTI
Paper: white - PTI, bashful blue - SU
Ink: Night of Navy - SU, London Fog - Memento
Accessories: Snowflake punch and Coarse Glitter - Martha Stewart, foam tape, glue pad - Pallette

8 comments:

Bev J. said...

I love what can be done with that window die-I need to get one. Very pretty card-like the landscape.

Happy New Year!

velta said...

Beautiful baby Julia! Love the cards too...Hope you and yours had the very best of Christmases and Happy New Year to ya!

Dee in N.H. said...

Pretty cards! Enjoy that sweet baby!

~amy~ said...

such a cutie pie baby...love your cards and it sounds like you have tons of stuff going on...Thanks for the gorgeous card Julia...I've been very naughty this season...had the cards but just couldn't seem to sit and write them out...I'll be catching up with everyone for valentines day:)

Mara Campbell said...

Very pretty cards!! And what a precious little baby, so cute! Sounds like you are having a great holiday, Julia!

Peggy said...

Sounds like you are having a good time off! Your cards are fabulous! No snow here in TN like last year, thank heavens! Your nephew is a cutie!!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a precious photo Julia :) He looks so happy! Your cards are darling as well! Love the shimmery snowflake and the winter wonderland scene! Happy New Year!

Clare said...

Gorgeous thank you cards, love those die cuts. Such a sweet baby!! Happy New Year!