Monday, June 6, 2011

A Whale of a Good Time - Friend to Friend!

I've got some new Rubbernecker Stamps and couldn't wait to ink some of them up!  
I made this card for last weeks sketch challenge over at Split Coast.

I used a cool new background stamp called Crackle Panel behind my little whale.  I stamped Mr. Whale on a light gray cardstock and colored him a bit with light blue Copics. I cut him out and layered him over the stamped panel with foam tape. I added some blue gems and applied Glossy Accents to the water 'blow'.  I stamped the coordinating sentiment directly on the panel and added some blue gems there as well.


This cool style card was the Wednesday SCS Tutorial last week - it's called a Center Step Card!  I just had to try this out! 

You can find the tutorial for this fun style card here in the forums of Split Coast.  Here's a side view.


 I knew this sweet little Hannah image would fit perfectly on the front panel!  I stamped the image with Vintage Photo Distress ink and then colored her a little bit with my Copics. I cut the image with a square Nestability and sponged the edges with Antique Linen before taking it out of the die.

The sentiment is cut with a Lacey Square Nestability. The pretty dotted DP is Webster's Pages.

This card was really easy to make - you should try one!  It is larger than an A2 card - lying flat it measures 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" so needs an oversize envelope or to be hand delivered!


Whale Card:
Stamps: Rubbernecker - Crackle Panel #574, Whale #569-05, Sentiment Whale of a Time #568-01

Paper: White, Softstone, Plum Pudding - PTI, DP Cosmo Cricket/Snorkel/Umbrellas, Current, Schools Out
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black + Summer Sky
Accessories: foam tape, Copics: B00, BG10, B41, Glossy Accents - Ranger, self adhesive jewels - Bazzill Basics

Friend to Friend Card:
Stamps: Rubbernecker - Hannah 581-05, Friend to Friend #565-21

Paper: white, vintage cream - PTI, Textured Tan - unknown (like Bazzill) DP Webster's Pages - Petite Papers/Hollywood Vogue + Wonderfall
Ink: Ranger Distress - Vintage Photo + Antique Linen
Accessories: Copics - Y02, BG10, G20, E02, R00, RV02, trio butterfly punch - Martha Stewart, Rectangle + Lacey Square Nestabilities, black pearls - Amuse, wrinkled seam tape, foam tape, glue dots

9 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Love how you used the sweet girl from AO! Beautiful card.

Pat (mspfd) said...

What fab cards, Julia. Especially love the sweet vintage-style card using the new fold showcased on SCS!

Riet said...

So beautiful cards Julia,I love the images and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Mara Campbell said...

What fun cards! I love the colors and whale on the first one. And that second card is so cool with all the folds!

Joan Ervin said...

Your little whale card is just tooo cute, Julia, and I love, love, love, the fabulous fold card...the little vintage girl is adorable and you used the perfect papers!!!!

velta said...

Both cards are simply darling Julia! Absolutely love that Whale card and who wouldn't love to receive the new fold card!!! TFS!

Wanda Cullen said...

Your fun whale card is adorable, but that center step card is FABULOUS! I really must try that technique...love what you've done using this sweet image!

Judy Rozema said...

Wow! Both so awesome! I esp. like the whale card!

Bev J. said...

Cute whale card and I like the image and design of the second card with that cute girl image.