Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 3 - Waltzingmouse SoAP!

Wow - we're already at day #3 of the Waltzingmouse Stamp of Approval Parade (SoAP)!!   The Design Team is reviewing the WMS May release giving you more creative ideas on how to use the stamps you bought!

Today I'm parading the wonderful set you can use for notes and invitations called  Join Us.


My niece, Christie, and her husband, Nate, just gave birth to a beautiful little boy named James Charles.  Here he is going home from the hospital - a wee 2 days old!

 The colors in James' room are jungle colors - predominantly greens, browns, yellows and oranges.

So I made these little 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" note cards for Chris and Nate to use for "thank you's" - their last name begins with R so I used that monogram from an older release - Victorian Alphabet -  on the notes.
First I did one of my favorite techniques on cards - which is to emboss a Nestability frame.  Here I used a square Nestability.
 Then I stamped the designs on cream cardstock panels and adhered them inside the frame with foam tape.
I could have just stamped the R in the middle of the decorative stampings -  but I thought it gave more depth to the card to stamp it on card stock and then punch it out with a circle punch.
Then I just added some orange rhinestones to the stampings for a little sparkle.

I hope you'll keep viewing the parade by visiting the other WMS Design Team linked below -  and please stop by tomorrow for Day 4 where we'll all be parading on older WMS release - Free Spirit - Boy.




Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Join Us, Victorian Alphabet
Paper:  Vintage Cream, Simply Chartreuse - PTI
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories:  Foam tape, square Nestabilities, rhinestones - Kaiser, Tiny Gems - Taylored Expressions, 1" circle punch - EK Success.

20 comments:

Edna Morrisedie said...

Lovely use of the stamps, great clean lines and I love the monogram look!

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful card and what a beautiful stamp set that you have used before.

Hugs Astrid.

Crea Astrid said...

Was it very nice that you have come to look at my blog. Thanks for that.

Hugs Astrid.

Kary said...

Hi Julia, this is a beautiful card set, and what a thoughtful gift for your niece!! Love the designs!

Deirdre said...

Beautiful - love how you embossed them too.

Betty Wright said...

So precious, Julia! The baby is so adorable! Love the trio of very sophisticated monogram designs! Elegant simplicity at its best!

Amy Rohl said...

Wow, Julia! These are just gorgeous!

Riet said...

So gorgeous Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Wonderful idea, and I love each different design Julia!!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Those cards are just beautiful, what a great way to use that set. Many congratulations to your niece he's just beautiful.
Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog too.
Hugs, Katie x

Niki Estes said...

Beautiful card set, Julia! Such a cutie, too!

LaurieJ said...

Fantastic card set! I definitely love that you popped the R up. I think the proud new parents will love them.

Mandy P. said...

Lovely cards! Love the clean and crisp look.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love all of the variations of the monogram cards, Julia! Great work!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card!!! -Sam :-)

SamanthaJDesigns @ hotmail.com
SamanthaJDesigns.blogsot.com

Laurie Marmon said...

Very cool little card set. I bet they will appreciate it.

Mona Pendleton said...

What a lovely CAS collection Julia! I'm sure your niece will treasure these!

Bev J. said...

What neat notecards and a precious little baby-so cute.

Mary Marsh said...

you are such a wonderful aunt-your niece should really love these note cards-james charles is the rela show stopper today though-what a sweet baby boy

Anonymous said...

I love your embossing idea, it adds such a wonderfully elegant touch to your cardswhile keeping the look simple. The color combo you chose is fabby as well!