Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 1 - Waltzingmouse SoAP!

Welcome to Day 1 of the WMS DT Stamp of Approval Parade (SoAP)!  For the next 3 days the DT will be sharing with you more ways to use the May Release WMS stamps -  Say it Loud, Join Us, Gingham + Company, Dainty Doilies - Large and Dainty Doilies 2 - Small and on June 4th we'll be highlighting an older stamp set!

Today I'm parading the Dainty Doilies - Large set. 


I made these fun stars on a stick to decorate my table at my Memorial Day Cookout this past weekend!   I even made star shaped brownies to stand them in! (Yes- they were yummy and, yes, they are gone!)

I white embossed several of the doilie stamps on red and blue card stock and stamped them in blue ink on white card stock.  Then I die cut them using my star Nestability - sponged the edges and added the sentiments 'Party' and "Celebrate" from Free Spirit Sentiments.  I taped them onto the stick and added the wrinkled seam tape.

Here is a close up so you can see the doily stamping more clearly.


I had some left over stamped panels that I had cut too small to fit the star die (whoops!)  so I made cards out of them!!


Click on any pic to see it larger.  I embossed a rectangle Nestability frame on the card then adhered the panels inside the frame using foam tape.  The sentiment 'we had a wonderful time' on my cards is from Join Us.  If it hadn't been my own cookout - I would send one of these cards to the host and hostess to thank them for inviting me!! LOL!!

Here's a clean and simple card I made just by layering some doily stampings!  
First I embossed the Lacey Circle Nestability on the card -  then I stamped 3 doilies in 3 colors (2", 1" and 1/2") and punched them out layering them inside the embossed framing with foam tape.  I added a tiny gem in the center of the smallest stamping.  An easy peasy card that packs a punch don't you think?!
I hope you'll continue viewing the parade on these Design Team members blogs and please stop by tomorrow for Day 2 of our parade!!



Stars:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Dainty Doilies - Large, Join Us, Free Spirit - Sentiments.
Paper:  White, Pure Poppy, Enchanted Evening - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Fired Brick, Chipped Sapphire, Versamark Watermark Inkpad.
Accessories:  Glue dots, white embossing powder, hot gun, Star Nestabilities, wooden stick, wrinkled seam tape, modern label punch - SU

Thanks Card:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Dainty Doilies - Large
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress - Brushed Corduroy, Dusty Concord, Memento Summer Sky, Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  2" + 1" circle punch - EK Success, 1/2" punch - Marvy Uchida, Lacey Circles Nestabilities, Tiny Gem - Taylored Expressions, foam tape.

21 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Wow!! Love the stars on the cakes and the cards you made with the bits left are just stunning. Fabulous!

Penny said...

Your CAS card is amazing, I just love it!


Penny

Deirdre said...

Fab, fab, fab... what a neat project.

Smilie girl said...

All totally gorgeous.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Loved the stars than IO saw the cards! THUD. Oh wow are they fabulous. I really love this doily set, and YOUR creativity!

Unknown said...

I totally love this stamp set and what you've done with it- I think this will be my first WM stamp purchase!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

What a totally FABULOUS idea! Your cards are amazing, so inspirational.
Katie x

anya said...

These are fantastic Julia! I love your creative thinking with the star picks - the emboss resist is really fantastic. The cards turned out wonderful, too!

Joanne (jojot) said...

fabulous use of this set...love the doilies

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Everything is awesome, but I particularly love the last card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my Julia! What fabulous projects! Love the star table decorations and the beautiful card! The embossed lacey die looks so elegant!

LaurieJ said...

I don't know where to start because everything is just fabulous! The stars on a stick are so much fun. And the cards you made with the leftover cardstock are so striking. But the CAS doily card just plain WOW!

Anne Harada said...

AH MAY ZEENG!!! What a breathtaking group of cards and projects Julia!! Wow, love the deep red and blue against the white, the layering, the combo of images, wow! just stunning! Hugs to you GF!
Anne

Laurie Marmon said...

Oh! What fun projects. You've really shown the versatility of the doilies set! :)

Pauline said...

Julia these are all gorgeous! I love them all, the embossed panels are fabulous, you always get them so straight! Love the doilies, they are my favourite ever WMS set!

Holly Saveur said...

Great ideas and wonderful cards!

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful cards and creations you have made. This set of stamps is my favorite stamp.

Greetings Astrid.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow and holy cow...awesome creations Julia. I love the festive dake toppers and your beautiful matching cards are drop dead gorgeous.

Stampnsk8r said...

Very nice...lots of inspiration.

Niki Estes said...

I love these! Such a great way to make summer decorations. I love the vibrant colors!

Anonymous said...

Oh you are good! I am pretty sure this post inspired my day 3. I just love the red & white color combo! Just fabulous Julia!