Friday, February 4, 2011

Don't Grow Up Too Quickly!

What a great CAS sketch over at Split Coast this week - oddly enough - I made a CAS card with it!!
I just love my new Gina K 'Gifts From the Sea' Stamp set! It has such wonderful sentiments in it as well as lots of different shell and star fish stamps. I found out about this set on my good stamping friend, Vicki's blog ,where she used this sentiment on her cute crabby card!
I have several friends who love the ocean ( I mean REALLY love the ocean!), so I'm sure to get a lot of use out of this set. This card will be going postal to one of them for their birthday in May.
The sentiment says "Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach." Inside I stamped 'Happy Birthday' which is another stamp in this versatile set!
I normally would have popped this pretty shell up on foam tape - but I'm really trying to keep my cards 'flat' when I know I'm mailing them to avoid extra postage!
Thanks for coming by today - I'll be back on Saturday with my Waltzingmouse Sketch card!
Stamps: Gina K - Gifts from the Sea
Paper: White - PTI, DP Archaic Paper Pad/Basic Grey
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Pumice Stone

7 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

GORGEOUS JUlia! LOVE this!!!

Mara Campbell said...

Very pretty Julia, I love the shell!!

Crystal said...

WOOOWEE Julia what a GORGEOUS design girl!! So pretty!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!!

Susan said...

such a perfectly serene thought and card, Julia!

Have a wonderful weekend whatever comes your way.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your bg paper looks almost like sand! How fun to see that I inspired you for this awesome set :)!

Bev J. said...

I love shells and your card is really pretty. I have always wished I had SU Along the Shore set.