Monday, February 21, 2011

A Bon Voyage Tag

Big congrats to Charlene (Willow1) for being the FS last week over at Split Coast. I had fun checking out her lovely gallery and finally decided to CASE her Time Flies tag . I am always intrigued by tags when I see them on peoples blogs but I don't often make them myself so this was a good challenge for me!

I used different stamps and a different theme from Charlene's but used a similar color scheme and did background stamping.
I used some new travel theme 'rubbah' that I just got from Rubbernecker for my tag.

I stamped the background on the tag, then I stamped the sentiment cut with a Tim Holtz die and adhered it with foam tape after sponging the edges. The wings are a Tim Holtz die also.

I stamped the passport and ticket packet, sponged the edges and adhered them to the tag.

Then I tied two different color seam tapes through the hole at the top of the tag and added my bling!

This would be fun attached to some magazines or a music CD to give to a traveling friend, don't you think?!

Stamps: Rubbernecker - Travel Background #44-08, Bon Voyage # 44-14, Airline Tickets #44-10, Petite Passport # 44-07,
Paper: Tag - Staples, Vintage Cream - PTI
Ink: Ranger Distress - Walnut stain, Old Paper, scattered straw, shabby shutters, dried marigold,
Accessories: wrinkled seam tape - http://www.prairiebirdboutique.etsy.com Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzix dies Regal Crest & Heart Wings, foam tape, blending tool & non stick craft mat - Ranger

4 comments:

Peggy said...

Fabulous tag Julia! I don't make a lot of tags either and we sure are seeing them everywhere!

Crystal said...

Oh WOW this is FANTASTIC!!! LOVE this tag design, WOOOWEE!! AWESOME!

Mary Marsh said...

I love this tag julia nd the stamps you used to create it-what a great idea to attach it to a magazine for someone who is traveling

Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous Vintage tag Julia!! I love it!! TFS!!HUGS