Wednesday, October 6, 2010

WMS Sneak Peek Day #3 - Happy Birthday Cupcake & a Candle!

Welcome to Day 3 of the WMS Sneak Peeks - Have you been enjoying the DT's samples as much as I have??!! Boy - what inspiration! Today I have a Cupcake Birthday set - a card and a votive candle!

I used one of the lovely script text stamps from Text It - along with the 3 piece cupcake, rectangle open sided frame and the birthday sentiment from Frame It.
The 3 pieces of the cupcake allow you to stamp each piece in a different color - the paper holder, the cake top and the frosting! They are super easy to line up too! (there is also a one piece cupcake in the set to stamp in one piece and color in)

For my votive candle - I stamped the same images on a piece of linen vellum (I dried the ink with my hot gun as the vellum doesn't allow the ink to dry too quickly, and of course I am impatient!) and adhered it to my glass votive holder using Scor Tape on each end. Then I added a piece of twill to the top.

Whenever you use paper on a votive candle holder - you should always use a battery operated votive candle so the paper doesn't burn. And even with this - you should never leave it on unattended just to be sure. This would be fun to use to celebrate a birthday at work or anyplace you couldn't light a flame!

I hope you have enjoyed my sneak peeks this week - tomorrow is release day! whoo hoo! The DT will be having a Blog Waltz - and as always with Claire's new releases - there will be 2 Waltzingmouse stamp sets to be won by two lucky commenters! So be sure to stop by! You might want to have your shopping list handy also!!
Now you'll want to check out the rest of the DT's peeks for today!
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Frame It, Text It
Paper: Hibiscus Burst, Kraft, White, Linen Vellum - PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress - Old Paper, Scattered straw, brushed corduroy, worn lipstick
Accessories: Rhinestones - Kaiser, silk ribbon - Sharon's Stamp Simply Ribbon Store, glass votive holder - Micheals, battery operated candle - Christmas Tree Shop, Berry Sorbet twill - PTI

28 comments:

velta said...

you always come up with the cutest ideas Julia! I love the card and the candle is a plus! Thank you for your inspiration :)

Deborah Frings said...

Julia - these are just lovely. I think the way you've combined the background text and the frame-it set is brilliant. Love the votive candle holder. Such a sweet set.
Deborah x

Alice said...

you come up with the coolest projects! very sweet set! love it!

Sandie said...

These are just wonderful Julia. You've combined the sets beautifully. Really sweet project :)

carole said...

Great projects !!!! I love all.

Crystal said...

Julia you always come up with the best projects girl!!! This is FANTASTIC and a GORGEOUS bday set!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is such a cute gift set, Julia. Love how great the text background looks with your cupcakes. Great idea with the candle holder too. Awesome job.

Bonnie said...

Oh I LOVE the idea of using Text It with these cupcakes - so "fabby" lol!

anya said...

Wonderful as always, Julia! I love the votive candle - it is so cute! Love the text pattern layered on the frame, too! Such inspiration!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a darling cupcake themed project Julia! Love the text & cupcake combo and that little votive holder is precious!

BethieJ said...

I LOVE the votive idea!!! never thought to use a flameless one in it! So gonna stock up on them now!!
such a DARLING set!!!

Betty Wright said...

WOW! Totally scrumptious and fabulously done....again, Julia! Awesome showcase of the new sets!

Pamela_U said...

Gorgeous card and candle! What a great idea! Such a beautiful project!

Monique said...

What a great idea Julia.. I love the text background ...The yummy cupcakes with the pink bow.. Great set .. :)

B said...

Oh so cute! Love the fun candle holder and card! Fun colors and fun mix of the text bg with the frame it set! :) I love that you always do non-cards as well! I suck at those. Haha!

farmhouse-story said...

this is just such a darling card and candle set, julia! thanks for sharing:)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how gorgeous Julia!! I so love your use of the text and the soft colors!! Beautiful candle and gorgeous layout!!

Mary Marsh said...

this is a cute birthday set julia-I like that the cupcakes are 3 separate pieces so you cna stamp theem in diff colors

A Consuming Passion said...

More bueatiful projects Julia! Love your B'day set!

Joanne Travis said...

SO sweet!! Love the cupcakes and the tea light.

Francie G. said...

Yum, now I need a cup of coffee and a cupcake! These are so sweet, Julia! Wonderful project!

Susan said...

delish, Julia! I love the set, especially the candle holder. You do manage to round out the craft offerings!

Wanda Cullen said...

You always rock the projects...love what you've done with these new stamps!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Your projects are fab, as always! I love the happy colors!!

Nancy said...

Julia...This is such a great idea and I know I will be CASEing.

Peggy said...

I love your votive idea! They would make fabulous little gifts at the Holidays!

pmm said...

What a cute idea- the electric candle would be great for any occasion with a beautiful WMS stamp around it!

Unknown said...

How cute is that? o0

Lilith