Saturday, October 9, 2010

WMS Saturday Sketch #18

First, I'd like to thank everyone that commented on my new release posts this week - I so appreciate all your thoughts about Claire's wonderful new stamps!

Well, I wasn't sure I had another card in me after the WMS new release! But, of course, Claire's great sketch got the better of me - when can we stampers ignore a good challenge, right??!!


So, as you can see - I went really literal - as I often do with inspirations! - and made my card of three trees, an embossed border - and the sentiment HERE !! LOL!!

My cute star-strung trees are from Teeny Trees and the sentiment is from the newly released set Frame It. I inked them with 3 green Ranger Inks - Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive and Bundled Sage. I made a version with sponged edges and a red bird - but I didn't like it - tore it up and made it over CAS - clean and simple - like trees in the forest in a blinding blizzard! LOL!

So - now go check out the WMS Sketch Blog and get inspired by the cards the Mischief Makers and other DT members have created this week!

Then make your own card using the sketch and link it on the Sketch Blog by Thursday 10/14/10 at 11:59 pm EST - you could be chosen Top Mouse next week!! Sometimes Claire offers little random winner prizes too - you never know!

I've also entered this card into the Moxie Fab Christmas Card Challenge!

Thanks so much for dropping by today!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Teeny Trees, Frame ItPaper: White - PTIInk: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress - Peeled paint, crushed olive, bundled sage, old paper.Accessories: Foam dimensionals, gold embossing powder, hot gun, rectangle nestabilities, Sizzix Sizzlits lots of tags labels 1 - SU, brad - basic grey, blending tool & nonstick craft mat - Ranger

15 comments:

Crystal said...

Fantastic Julia WOW LOVE your take on the sketch!!

Alice said...

so pretty and clean. love it, Julia!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your CAS card, FABULOUS!

Francie G. said...

So pretty, Julia! Love the scored border and your lovely trees!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love your card - mine was very similar (and I hadn't seen your's yet) Thanks for the link o Moxie...

Pauline said...

Love the teeny trees with their gold garlands, and the embossed frame really sets them off.

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful card Julia......I like your take on Claire's sketch!

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Julia! Love those teeny embossed trees!

Deborah Frings said...

Julia - this is such a beautiful card. The sketch is perfect for trees, and I love how you've used the teeny trees.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julia.

Hugs Riet.x

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is gorgeous, Julia. Clean, crisp and elegant.

Joan Ervin said...

This is beautiful, Julia...love the little Christmas trees and how you scored around the edges!!! Love all the white space, too!!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

I really love what you did with the trees, nice subtle embossing too, and the tag is perfect!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Julia! Thanks for entering the Holiday Cards & More Week Jolly Holiday Greetings challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)

Peggy said...

BEAUTIFUL card Julia! Love the trees!