Friday, October 15, 2010

A Sophisticated Lady

It's finally Friday dear friends!! I was happy to see Alimarbles as the Featured Stamper over at Split Coast a week ago - we are from the same neck of the US woods! I chose her lace and glitter card to CASE.

I used a different sophisticated girl - mine is from Rubbernecker and her name is Giselle! I used browns instead of blues and greens and used a punch for my lace edge.

A funny story - I put two half pearls on my lady (ear and pocketbook) before running it through my Cuttlebug with the rectangle nestie (by mistake!) and it squished them flat and they look silver instead of pearly - which is how I left them on my card! so if you ever wondered........!

I sponged the edges of my image after cutting & embossing it with the Nestie but before taking it out of the die.

Just a reminder that there is a Friends of Waltzingmouse Blog hop going on in the WMS forum on 10/17 - click on the apple on my right side bar to see all the details!

Oh and I just have to share! - I was so excited to find out I'd won a Moxie Fab Alert! for my "Fancy a Cuppa" Holiday Container that I made from an empty frosting tub! Whoo hoo!

Stamps: Rubbernecker: Sophisticated Ladies - Giselle #271-01
Paper: dark chocolate, vintage cream - PTI, DP K&Company Tim Coffey Designer Mat Pad
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distreee Tea Dye
Accessories: Copics: E11, E33, E34, E51, E59, R20, C1, Rhinestone pearls - Michaels, wrinkled seam tape - www.PrairieBirdBoutique.etsy.com , lattice punch - Martha Stewart, mega rectangles Nestabilities

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

love your card Julia...woot woot on the moxie fab win:)

Happy friday!

Edna Morrisedie said...

I love the long lines in this image, she is just lovely, and love love your colour choices and use of the punch, yummo!

Jannie said...

Thank you so much for stopping by and thank you so much for the compliment!

Have a great weekend
Jannie

Susan said...

woo, woo is right Julia!!! So happy for your shout out.

Happy Late Fall weekend.....

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This is just oooh la la girl!! I love the fun border along the side and in one of my fav colors too!! :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love this wonderful design, Julia! It is gorgeous!

Libby O said...

Congrats on that win, i checked it out and it's great stuff!

Jodi Collins said...

She is SO cool Julia!!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Great card Julia - I love the squashed pearls! LOL Who Knew they would do that?!

But seriously, the card is stunning - very pretty and sophisticated colors!

Francie G. said...

Love your "Sophisticated Lady", Julia! Wonderful rich colors! Congrats on your award!

Peggy said...

I remember this one on the FS challenge! Gorgeous card!