Sunday, October 10, 2010

Some Exciting News!


I'm thrilled to announce that I have been chosen to be a member of the newly created PSA Stamp Camp Design Team! You can read the announcement here on the stamp camp blog, and read more about PSA Essentials Peel & Stick stamps here.

I find myself on a team with a couple of my blogging buddies - Jennfer and Carly - as well as many new acquaintances. Libby is still announcing all the members over at her blog.

Here are the projects I submitted as my application for the design team and they were posted on the Stamp Camp Blog on October 5th to celebrate World's Teacher Day.

I made these magnets stored in a little tin using the set PSA - Super Star. The circles are mounted to a magnet sheet (I used my Krylon Machine with the magnet/laminate cartridge) so these can be used to hold those 'ever so special' school papers that come home every day on your fridge for all to see!
I even stamped on the twill I adhered around the box. The tin is from Papertrey Ink.
For my second teacher project I decorated a purchased First Aid kit that I got at the Dollar Store.
I used the PSA set Hello Kitty - School Days for the image - the heart circle framing is from the PSA set - UBU Dress Up. I used my Brother Label maker for the sentiments, added some papers to cover the label and tied a bow!

Here's what came in my little kit. Perfect for teacher to have on hand for all those little 'boo boos' that happen during the school day.

My last project was decorating a purchased note pad. I got this on sale at Staples for $1.oo (!) It already had all the M&M's printed on the cover.


Again - I used the PSA Hello Kitty School Days set. (the sentiment is Papertrey Ink)

So there you have it - some easy, fun gifts for teacher!
You can buy PSA stamps on line or at stores near you .


Thanks for stopping by today - I hope you are having Columbus Day off tomorrow - I do (Yippee!) - and I know there will be some extra stamping going on in my craft room!!! How about you???

21 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Julia!
Well, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I love these darling projects you've created - I'll have to save these ideas (my DD is a teacher - so she would love all of them!).
Hugs!

Mona Pendleton said...

Congrats on your new DT position Julia! So well deserved :) These projects are darling! Love the Hello Kitty band aid box :)

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Julia,This is so beautiful.

Hugs Riet.x

Libby O said...

Awesome stuff Julia, love the photos :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Congrats on the dt Julia!! Your projects are stunning!! You so deserve to be a designer for them and I know you will be an awesome addition!
hugs,
Chris

Joan Ervin said...

Congrats, Julia, on your new DT position..what fun little stamps and you have showcased them beautifully with your adorable projects!!!!!

Susan said...

way to go, Julia! I know you will be a valuable asset ti the team. I really like the boxes you have been creating recently. A question, though. How do you stamp on twill..the times I've tried, it has bled into the twill and looked smeared.

Betty Wright said...

Congrats on the DT gig! They are very fortunate to have you. All of you amazing creations are just that....amazing! The magnets, first aid, and notepad designs are fabulous, Julia! Awesome!

Wanda Cullen said...

Congrats on your new DT gig! You always create such amazing projects, so I can see how you would be chosen! Enjoy your extra day off tomorrow...no vacation for me. :-(

Melissa Sauls said...

Congratulation Julia!!! So well deserved! After seeing your adorable creations (especially the Hello Kitty ones OMG!!) I had to go and check them out. Do you know if you can color in with Copics since you have to stamp with their ink?

velta said...

Oh my Julia ~ How inspirational...you have really gotten the gift of seeing something in a store and making a creation out of it. Great ideas and congrats on you new DT position!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Congrats!! - Another challenge site you will enabler me with!! Love it~~

Your ABC projects rock as usual - I love those magnets! Very cute idea.

Bev J. said...

Congrats Julia, great projects-love the m&m pad.

anya said...

Congratulations, Julia! Can't want to see more - these little notecards are really cute!

farmhouse-story said...

congrats, julia, on your new dt spot! your projects are always so creative--i just love the magnets here.

Monique said...

What fantastic ideas.. I love the first aid box way to cute... Congratulations on your new DT position ..you will be a fantastic asset to their team... :)Hugs

Mary Marsh said...

congrats julia-I always love the altered tins and boxes you create-so it doesnt surprise me that you were selected

Edna Morrisedie said...

Congrats Julie, hope you have fun on this DT...!!! I love what you have put together here, fun and functional, so you!

Peggy said...

Congrats on the DT spot!!
I love all your projects today! My daughter would flip for the Hello Kitty ones!!

Carly said...

Totally loved your projects!! You so rocked their stamps!! And how cool for the three of us to be on this team too! Congrats!! :-)

Anne Harada said...

Girl you are an amazing stamping talent and every team you join is lucky to have you!! Congratulations!! I can't wait to follow you there too!! Hugs,
Anne