Sunday, October 17, 2010

Friends of WMS Blog Waltz - Autumn Harvest

Welcome dear stampers to the October Friends of Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz - this month's theme is Autumn Harvest.

The waltz is run through the WMS forum in the Playroom - so go check it out and sign up if you haven't alreadydone so , then you can join along!
For my Happy Harvest card today, I dry embossed a circle Nestability on the front of my card. (you can see my little tutorial on how I did this on my post here.) Then I gold embossed this beautiful fall wreath inside the circle and the sentiment in the corner. Both stamps are from the WMS set Peace and Plenty. A must have set for this time of year!

I colored the wreath with copics and sponged the edges and the circle with Old Paper Ranger Distress ink. To finish off this clean and simple card, I adhered 3 buttons in the top corner - one tied with a thin silk ribbon!

As always there is a contest going on in the forum and one lucky correct guess to the question will win a WMS stamp set of choice!

Red is a very common autumn harvest color - but I didn't use it on my card today.

Now I'm off to see what everyone else who's waltzing with us this month has created!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Peace and Plenty

Paper: Vintage Cream - PTI

Ink: Versamark, Ranger Distress - Old Paper

Accessories: glue dots, copics: YG03, E33, E59, YR04, Y17, hot gun, gold embossing powder, circle Nestabilities, blending tool & nonstick craft sheet - Ranger, vintage buttons and narrow silk ribbon - PTI, one button from my stash.

38 comments:

Alice said...

so pretty! love the embossed circle and the pretty full colors!

Antje said...

Great card - love the idea of the gold embossing and how you drie embossed the circle!

velta said...

Oh Julia ~ This is just beautiful...love your colors and the perfect card for this time of year!!! What an inspiration you have been to me...I am going to have to try this dry embossing technique soon!!

A Consuming Passion said...

What a beautiful Autumn card! Love this little wreath it's on my wish list along with Teeny Trees..........on an on and on!!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love the wreath, nice job with the colouring too!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Fall creation!! Love the embossed wreath and the buttons are an added beauty!! :)

Kelly S. said...

So simple and pretty, Julia! Love the embossing on the white paper with that perfectly colored wreath...and the cute little buttons!

Lavender Rose said...

Stunning! The gold embossing really shows off those great autumn colours on the wreath.

Irene Oden said...

Lovely card, Julia! That wreath is so elegant!

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful Julia! Love that wreath (just finally ordered it!!) - gorgeous fall colours!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Your wreath with the embossing is just beautiful--and the buttons in the corner add the perfect touch!

Chris L.

Denise Bryant said...

Lovely wreath, gorgeous colors! The embossed circle really makes the wreath stand out.
DeniseB

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julia.

Hugs Riet.x

GabrielleH said...

Gorgeous card! That wreath is magnificent with such pretty colors! Nice touch with the buttons too!

Unknown said...

OOOh such a beauty Julia!!!, the dry embossing is the perfect touch!! Hugs!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Julia! That embossed wreath is stunning & you did an amazing job with the coloring!

Lisa Foster said...

This is truly stunning, Julia!
Hugs,
Lisa

Pat said...

The embossed circle and wreath are just perfect.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Julia - this is outstanding. I think that Peace and Plenty is the ONE WMS set I don't have and after seeing your card, I think I may have to order it!!! Beautifully done.

IamDerby said...

This is gorgeous Julia!

Monique said...

Your wreath turned out amazing Julia..I love the heat embossing with the embossed frame...so pretty!!

Cassie_lu said...

I really love how you framed the wreath and made the card a one layer kind.

Sue D said...

I like the gold embossed wreath.

Betty Wright said...

WOW! The contrasts of the two kinds of embossing, the sponging, and the coloring make what one would think a CAS style very rich in detailing and design! Beautifully done, Julia!

Janet said...

So pretty!

B said...

Julia, love the embossed circle and the gold embossing! Fab!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous fall card Julia. Love the dry and wet embossing! :o)

Joanne Travis said...

Love the gold embossed wreath. This is so pretty, Julia.

dpkennedy said...

Beautiful wreath Julia! Love the gold embossing!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Gorgeous Julia! I love the embossing around the image... so clever and makes the image pop!

Pauline said...

Beautiful wreath Julia, I missed this on the hop on sunday, I must have missed a page or something! Love the colours on this wreath, and the gold embossing too, and think I may give the dry embossing a go now!

Helen L said...

I love your card: the embossed circle and the leaf wreath. I'll have to make a card like this. Thanks for your great example!!!

anya said...

This is gorgeous, Julia. The embossing adds a fantastic detail.

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful wreath, Julia...such pretty colors and I love the gold embossing...sooo classy!!!

Maureen said...

Really gorgeous - love the colors and the simplicity of the layout!

farmhouse-story said...

such a darling fall card, julia:) i'm going to try your embossing technique-i love the look!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Lovely design. The gold embossing and coloring look fabulous. Elegant simplicity!

Ren-Yi said...

very lovely harvest wreath. the embossing add such a nice elegance and complement your color choices.