Saturday, August 28, 2010

Waltzingmouse Sketch - Happy Anniversary

Please scroll down to my post below to see my Speedy the Cats' Friends Challenge card - Friendship theme!



It's time once again for the Saturday Waltzingmouse Sketch - surprise! no circle this week!! LOL!!!



For my card - I turned the sketch on it's side and made it clean and simple with few embellishments to keep it a little bit masculine. The Love Potion label is from Rescue Remedies and the hearts are from Sweethearts.

And here's what I stamped on the inside. I drew my frames with a Sakura Gelly Roll pen that has a little glitter to it. The lines give some definition to all the white space!


So check out the WMS Sketch Blog and see the great sketch cards the Mischief Makers and other DT members have created this week!

Then make up your own card using the sketch and link it there by Thursday 9/2 at 11:59 pm EST - you could be a Top Mouse next week!!

Thanks so much for coming by today! Leave me a comment - I'd love to come by and visit you too!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Wanda's Pantry, Sweet Hearts
Paper: Vintage Cream - PTI
Ink: Ranger Distress - Tea Dye & Stormy Sky
Accessories: Ribbon - PTI, Labels Four Nestabilities, foam dimensionals, Sakura Gelly Roll Pen, Sponge & Applicator - Inkssentials/Ranger.

18 comments:

Lexxie said...

Fantastic Julia. Love what you've done with the sketch and it looks so good inside as well as outside.
I'm looking forward to giving this one a go!
Love Sarita xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Unknown said...

Oh I love this Julia, very refined! beautiful colour!! Thank you so very much for this fabby challenge inspiration card Julia!

Clare said...

I love the softly distressed edges and what you did on the inside too! Beautiful!

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply stunning Julia! Full of love :)

Lynn Mercurio said...

I love this! Such a great combination of love and vintage. Awesome job.

Monique said...

What a wonderful Anniversary card Julia!! Love the distressing and the straight across ribbon.. Very nice!!

LaurieJ said...

I love this card, Julia! The vintage cream and navy is a wonderful color combination. And the drawn frames are the perfect touch.

Carly said...

I have to make an anniversary card for my parents and this has totally inspired me! Lovely!

Alice said...

simply gorgeous, Julia! love your take on the sketch and the inside is so sweet, too!

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous colours Julia! Great idea to turn the sketch - the hearts are perfect-o!!

Wanda Cullen said...

So creative using the flipped version! Great anniversary card!

Joanne Travis said...

So rich and beautiful, this is such a classy layout!

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful colors and just the perfect amount of sponging and detailing! Awesome card, Julia! I really must get some of these WMS! Fabulous!

Bonnie McLain said...

Very stunning card Julia, and the colors you have chosen follow thru so perfectly... Great card.

Mary Marsh said...

great sketch and I love your take on it -I received my waltzingmouse stamps so I hope I can play in this challenge

Peggy said...

Awesome sketch card! Very warm and friendly feel. Love it!

Ren-Yi said...

oh how neat - you flipped the sketch. thanks for sharing the inside too. love how that brought it all together. thanks for the inspiration.