Sunday, January 17, 2010

You Have a Big Heart, Valentine!

My good stamping buddy Anne (jdmommy) is the featured stamper today! She LOVES red so I knew I had to CASE something using that color. I chose her CAS Red Hearts.

I've been wanting to use this gorgeous victorian style heart stamp from Rubbernecker and today was the day! First I stamped the heart on white cardstock - then I stamped it on two differenet designer papers, cut out the ribbon from one and the heart from the other and paper pieced them onto the white stamping. I popped up the ribbon on foam dimensionals, added layered flowers and a heart brad. The bottom edge is punched with a Martha Stewart punch. To finish it off - I sponged the edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink by Tim Holtz just to soften it a little

Thanks for coming by today!

Stamps: Rubbernecker - Heart and sentiment
Paper: white, vintage cream - PTI, Bravo Burgandy - SU, DP My Mind's Eye/Irresistable - Candy Stripe & Love Dots
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tea Dye Distress Ink - Tim Holtz/Ranger
Accessories: Dew drops, martha stewart punch, silk flowers - Darice, Heart brad - unknown, foam dimensionals, sponge

12 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful Vintage looking Valentine, Julia....I love how you did the paper piecing and the flowers look beautiful on this!!! I have this stamp, too, but it have not been inked yet...shame on me!!!!! Thanks for the inspiration, gf!!!

Crystal said...

julia what a beautiful Valentine!!! I LOVE that heart!

Juliana said...

SO SWEET!!!
I really like how you used that stamp!
Beautiful card!

Sharli said...

It's gorgeous! I love the huge heart and how you did the paper piecing! Dew drops - these are quickly becoming my favorite replacement for brads. So pretty and I have them in more colors than I do brads! LOL

Joanne (jojot) said...

had to come take a second look at this one.....loving that heart....on my wish list it goes

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is absolutely brilliant!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

OH so gorgeous Julia!! HUGS

anya said...

What a fantastic stamp, Julia! I love how you stamped it on two different patterned papers. The popped up ribbon is great! :)

Danisha said...

I love this card! So pretty!!!!

jdmommy said...

I love this valentine, but it's your sweet words that really touch my heart!! I am so grateful for your friendship, GF!!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh so beautiful Julia! I love that heart!

dpkennedy said...

Ooh, this is just gorgeous! Love the bottom trim and those big flowers!!