Saturday, January 2, 2010

Be Mine

Today I was inspired by this lovely pink glass tile bracelet to create this pretty little pink Valentine.

Our inspiration on Split Coast for this challenge was the Design Spirit Studio web site.

I embossed the heart with black EP and adhered it to a scalloped nestability. Then I layered some flowers and held them together with a Basic Grey glazed brad. I scored the edges to look like the beveled edges on the glass tile.

My heart is from the Seasons of Love set by Waltzingmouse, the sentiment is from a new Valentine set that will be available on January 4th.

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Seasons of Love, sentiment from Valentine set to be released 1/4/10
Paper: white - PTI, Pink Pirouette - SU
Ink: Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Heart Nestabilities, black EP, hot gun, basic grey glazed brad, flowers - Taylored Expressions & Michaels, scor pal, foam dimensionals, glue dots


I made this CAS card for the Limited Supplies Challenge on SCS - to make a quick card using a new supply and celebrating a yearly event.

I bought myself this new Flourished Frame Cuttlebug folder just before Christmas and this challenge was the perfect opportunity to open it up!

My stamp set is also new - a sneak peek at the Valentine/Anniversary set being released on Jan 4th from Waltzingmouse Stamps (yes - the very same set that the sentiment on the pink Valentine above is from!!)

And the yearly event is an anniversary (my sentiment inside says Happy Anniversary) I created this card in under 15 minutes - just embossed, stamped inside the frame added a little bling and corner punched the corners!

You can find more great sneak peeks at the blogs of these other DT members - Anya, Belinda, Bonnie, Jennifer, and Laurie

I'm also very excited to welcome Lynn Mercurio to our team as announced by our Claire over the weekend!

Thanks for coming by today!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Valentines/Anniversary Set
Paper: White, Ocean tides - PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Flourised Frame Cuttlebug Folder, Rhinestones - PTI, Zutter corner rounder 1/2"

16 comments:

Sandee Shanabrough said...

WOW! Julia both cards are so gorgeous!!!!

Anne Harada said...

Just gorgeous Julia!! The amazing heart stamp and sentiments are fantastic, I can't wait to see the rest of the sneak peaks...I'll head over there next! Love the embossed card, what a gorgeous creation the result is! I'm totally impressed!!
Hugs,
Anne

Sue from Oregon said...

Lovely creations...Very classy!

Velta said...

You have outdone yourself...perfect in every way!

Unknown said...

Oh Julia, That's a Jaw-on-the-floor card if ever I saw one!!!!! Thank you so much!!!

anya said...

Fantastic Julia! Both are just so gorgeous! Great job!

Heidi said...

Wow Julia both cards are gorgeous!! The pink one really grabs me though. I may need the scalloped nesties now too...

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! Julia, your cards are so gorgeous hun!! LOVE your sweet designs and so elegant looking!! HUGS

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a pretty Valentine! And the framed sentiment is such an elegant card. Love the embossing on both creations.

Crystal said...

WOW Julia these are GORGEOUS love how you used that embossing folder and absolutely LOVE your heart!!! gorgeous work!

Sharron said...

Wow, these are so stunning! Love the embossed heart--the black on pink look fabulous. Just outstanding work on both cards!

Busym1 said...

Awesome! I love your card! Hugs michelle

Anonymous said...

Julie, simply beautiful!

Unknown said...

This is just fabulous Julia!! I love everything you've done here!! :)

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Julia,

I tried to comment last night and my DD and her BF needed to print out their boarding passes . . . I'm so glad I remembered where I was at today! I just LOVE this valentine card - it's delicious!!!!! The bracelet isn't bad either! LOL

Hugs!

Michelle said...

hi julia.. just a fast note to let you know that i receive your blog updates via email..and truly enjoy and am inspired by your style..

thanks a bunch..and happy new year!
michelle