Monday, July 27, 2009

Three Awards and an Inspiring Fireplace

I am so late in acknowledging these wonderful awards bestowed upon me by some of my blogging friends - there just aren't enough hours in the day!

I received this "I Like Your Style" award from my good friend Anne Harada

This Honest Scrap award was given to me by Krazykropper


the rules for this award are:
1) Acknowledge the person who gave you the award
2) List 10 honest things about yourself
3) Put the Honest logo on your blog
4) select 7 other worthy bloggers to receive the award and list their links.
So I can at least tell you 10 honest things about myself:

1. I'm tall - I was 5'8" in 7th grade and hated it as I was taller then most of the boys at that age. Now that I've finally accepted my height - I'm shrinking - due to #2 below.
2. I'm getting old! I remember when the Miss America's were all WAY older than me - now they are younger than my son!
3. I am totally addicted to stamping - I'd rather stamp than go out to a movie, visit friends, or go for a walk on a sunny day - I'm currently seeking therapy for this addiciton LOL!!!
4. I love my DH and I'm so thankful that I met and married him 12 years ago after being a single mum for 20 years.
5. I'm thankful that God loves me and I find the older I get - the more I seek knowledge of Him and what he wants to teach me - and for that I am very grateful.
6. Contrary to my statement in #3 - I do love to be out in the yard gardening, or on the river kayaking, or in the woods snowshoeing!
7. I am always trying to practice good eating habits (ie dieting!) and sometimes I do better than others.
8. I love cutting flowers from my gardens and having them all over my house. This goes along with #6 above.
9. I love pizza and chips - and hot fudge Sundaes which is in direct contradiction with #7 above.
10. I am so thankful that I have met all of you wonderful blogging friends and I appreciate all I learn from your creative efforts!

I received this fun Lemonade Award from My Muse way back in April (I'm so bad!)


I'm afraid I'm just going to post these here for now - most of my blogging friends have already gotten awards from their other friends! Everyone that comes here to visit me deserves these - so please feel free to take one for yourself!!

And now I'll share a card I made Saturday for the Inspiration challenge on Split Coast. We were getting packed for vacation and I just 'took a peek' at the challenge and of course, got hooked and just had to make a card before leaving (Yes honey - I'm almost done packing - I'll be right there!!!) LOL!!
I used this fireplace view of the Better Homes and Gardens living room that Lori showed us for my inspiration.

I thought the tree Basic Grey Designer paper could represent the tile surround and I used PTI polka dot designer paper for the firebox itself. I stamped the potted flowers by Inkadinkado twice, cut out the blooms on one and layered it over the first stamping with foam dimensionals.

I have two gray kitties and I just love this tiny cat that's part of the new PTI set On My Couch Additions - so I just added that onto the sentiment with a foam dimensional.

Thanks so much for checking in with me today - hope you are inspired to go make a card too!

Stamps: Flower: Inkadinkado, Sentiment: In Bloom: PTI, Cat - On my couch additions: PTI
Paper: White: PTI, DP Bitty Dot basics - PTI, Basic Grey Off Beat
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Smokey Shadow: PTI
Accessories: tags 5 Spellbinders, foam dimensionals, copics: R32, YG63, Y06, RV06, E34

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

What a lovely take on the inspiration challenge Julia!!! Have a super week!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Oh my, oh my, is that ever beautiful, Julia!! Congrats on the awards, and I enjoyed your 10 things about Julia. A great way to get to know others. So, I don't know if you are on vacation now, but, if you are, have a great one!

Anonymous said...

Julia-what great information on the 10 things you shared. I love the card and not just 'cause of the kitty-(I've had my eye on that one too.)See you in August. Connie NH

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Julia,
Love the 10 things about you - thanks for sharing those! Congrats on your awards, and hope you enjoy the vacation! I love the card - the little tiny kitty curled up in the corner, the inspiration with the "yellow room" are all very pretty!

Joan Ervin said...

Your inspiration card is gorgeous, Julia...so many beautiful elements!!! Congrats on all the awards, too...can't think of a more deserving blogger!!!!! How fun to find out 10 things about you and how you life is one contradiction after another...glad to know I'm not alone in this big crazy world...wellll..except for the tall part...maybe in my next life!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Julia, your card is so stunning!! I love how you've popped up the flowers and the colors are so pretty too!! :) TFS!! HUGS

Anne Harada said...

I love your list, your talent goes way beyond these awards, you are a thoughtful, generous, sunny (can't think of another way to describe it!) all around fabulous person and when I find a badge that says that, I'm sending it to you!!

BTW, I love the teeny kitty on your card, so dang creative!!

Donna-Marie said...

I love your paper choices!!
The flowers just pop.
You are such a kind person...you deserve all those awards!!! :-)

dpkennedy said...

This is so sweet! I love the tiny kitty you added!