Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Wedding Frame and Stamp New England News

Stef showed us the Design Dazzle website of kids rooms and bedding designs for inspiration today over at Split Coast. I was inspired by the colors and all the frames on the walls of this girls teen room

I had this frame from Michaels ($1!) and I have been wanting to create a wedding frame for my niece who got married a month ago. So today I was inspired to get it done!

I just love this reflection of the bride in the standup mirror stamp from the H&M set Fairy Tale Wedding .


We have a family heirloom just like this mirror and Katie had a picture taken of herself reflected in it - so it was perfect for this gift for her & Greg. My picture of Katie looks blury here - because of the reflection of the acetate panel over it - but it's clear IRL! Wasn't she a beautiful bride?! I love this picture of her standing on her sister's porch just after the wedding ceremony - she was just glowing! She's pulling the train of her gown up to her shoulders so it wouldn't get stepped on and I just had to snap the pic!


ALL of Heather's stamps over at H&M Stamps are on sale for the month of June so hurry over and check them out - once they are gone - they're gone - so shop early!!

And a heads up! Do you live anywhere near Farmington, CT? The Stamp New England organizers are planning another stamping weekend there for July 10th and 11th. Check it out here and sign up quick! The last event sold out in a week! I'm going to be teaching one of the classes (Yikes, I'm nervous!) so come so we can meet each other!!!

Stamps: Fairy Tale Wedding: H&M Stamps
Paper: White, ripe avocado, raspberry Fizz: PTI, basic black: SU, Water color paper
Ink: memento tuxedo black
Accessories: textile cuttlebug folder, cuttlebug, petite oval nestabilities, sizzix leaf stem die, silver ice stickles, copics: E34, E00, C1, BG10, brads: making memories, ribbon flowers - unknown (gift), acrylic paint, wooden frame: $1 Michaels

10 comments:

Lauri said...

I responded so I hope I get in!!! It would be SO exciting to meet you!!!! You will do a GREAT job teaching!!

Unknown said...

Ahhh, this is just beautiful, Julia!!
I love how you designed the frame with the set!! FAB-O!!!

Janine said...

How fabulous Julia!!!

Ann Kranitz said...

I so wish I could go to this SNE....Jodi just asked me last night but we leave for our family vacation on the 11th so it just does not work for me. Would have been great to see you again!! Next time around girl!!

~amy~ said...

what a fabulous project Julia!!! She is going to LOVE it!!!

I wish that I could go to Stamp NE!

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic Julia!
Wish I lived a little closer...I'd love to come to your class!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is so pretty, and such a fresh look!

Anonymous said...

Julia, this is such a gorgeous wedding frame!! WOW!! I love it!!

lisa808 said...

What a beautiful project.

dpkennedy said...

Gorgeous frame (and bride!)

Sorry I can't make it in July...but maybe later this year? As a student!