Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Buddy


Quick note: I'm so excited! just found out I got honorable mention for my Papertrey Star Box seen in the post below - check it out on Nichole's blog!!!

Ok, back to earth now ----- This is a two-fer card today - it covers two challenges - the Split Coast CAS (Clean and Simple) challenge - and the Doubledog Dare Challenge I do with some SCS friends (see my side bar for the team names!)

For the CAS challenge we had a sketch to follow . I made my front panel larger than the sketch but used the same number of layers. I stamped my Cornish Heritage Farms toy soldier right on the Cosmo Cricket designer paper. I stamped the sentiment from The Greeting Farm (it's on sale check it out!) on a piece of silver card stock and punched it with the Stampin Up Key Tag punch - looks just like a dog tag doesn't it!! The chain is from Michaels.

Anne (jdmommy) issued the Doubledog Dare challenge this week to make a kids card. I know my son always loved to play 'Army' when he was little - and when he grew up he signed up to serve! (thanks Josh!) I think this would be a fun birthday card for a young soldier! You are welcome to join in on the DDC challenges - just use the keyword DDC when you upload your card on Splite Coast - Beverly even created a Doubledog Dare challenge thread in the forums for us. You can see all the DDC cards here.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Stamps: soldier: Cornish Heritage Farms, My Buddy: Pup Star - the Greeting Farm
Paper: Aqua Mist: PTI, Tangerine Tango: SU, DP Cosmo cricket Lil Man: Mischievious Max, Silver card stock: Canford Card
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ripe avocado: PTI
Accessories: key tag punch: SU, edge distresser: Heidi Swapp, Crop a Dile, Silver eyelet, chain: Tandy Leather - Michaels, foam dimensionals.

5 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

What a great little guy card, Julia!!! I have 2 boys who played army for years...neither one of them joined up, though....DH served long enough for all of them!!! I love how you combined this with the CAS challenge...such a great layout and perfect colors!!!

Sharli said...

Julia,

FIRST, let me congratulate you on the honor - you CERTAINLY deserve it! That is the cutest container I think I've ever seen, and I agree with your DH, it does look like a bowling bag!!! LOL I think when I looked at your post the first time I was hungry - all I remember was the cookies!

I like your Army guy Dog Tag card! It looks like a real dog tag, except that's a funny name for a soldier! Ok - never mind me, I'm just silly tonight.

Hugs!!

Claire Brennan said...

Very cool card Julia and Pat on the back for the HM!!!! very much deserved!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

So adorable!! I just love your tag on the card!! Congrats to you for the Honorable mention!! You rock girl!! :) TFS!

dpkennedy said...

Congrats on your PTI project! You deserve it!!

Now that army card is fantastic! I love how you stamped on the pattered paper-it looks so cool! The dog tag is amazing too! My older son would love this!!