Friday, February 27, 2009

Trying to Brighten Your Day & Four Punches

First - in case you were looking for the H&M Sneak Peeks today as I promised yesterday - we had to move it to tomorrow as some of the DT members didn't get their new stamps until today (me included!) so - we'll all be posting our peeks tomorrow so be sure to stop by! Heather has 3 fun new sets coming out on Sunday March 1.

My card today was made for the Limited Supplies challenge on Split Coast. We could use only one stamp on our card and we had to use it to make the designer paper as well as for the main image. You could only use ribbon and/or brads and only the sentiment that went with the stamp set you chose to use. I knew I wanted to use this great chandelier stamp as soon as I read the challenge. I just got it from the $1 bin at Michaels and thought it would work well as a background stamp. I cheated a little and used a Verve Visual sentiment - since my one image stamp wasn't from a set so obviously didn't include a sentiment and I really needed one for this card!

I clear embossed the chandeliers on the background and sponged all the edges with Lemon Tart ink. The sentiment and image are up on foam dimensionals.

This card also qualifies for Sharon's stamp simply challenge "Cabin Fever" to make a bright springy card. I think the Lemon Tart card stock makes this card very bright don't you??

Stamps: chandelier: $1 stamp Michaels, Sentiment: Verve Visual - Thoughtful phrases
Paper: white, lemon tart: PTI, basic black: SU
Ink: Onyx black versafine, Lemon Tart: PTI, versamark embossing ink
Accessories: clear EP, foam dimensionals, sponge, dotted satin ribbon: PTI, oval punch


And here is a picture of all the new EK Success punches that I've purchased over the last 3 days using my 40% off coupons from Michaels (Yippee!!) Some of you wanted to know which ones I got after I mentioned purchasing one the other day.

Top left is a fun tree line punch - top right is a wonderful fleur de lis edge with the bonus of leaving tiny fleur de lis pieces after you punch! Below that is a single Fleur de lis punch and bottom left is a dotted wavy line punch. The line punches sell for $14.99 and the single punch is $9.99. (that's before my 40% off). These punches cut through Papertrey Ink card stock which is thicker than Stampin Up. (I have had trouble with the Martha Stewart punches and the thicker card stock). The Michaels in my town has about 10 different styles of these EK Success punches. Another fun thing about the design on these low profile punches is that they lay flat - there is a little lock on the back that holds it closed when not in use for easier storage.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Please come by tomorrow to check out my sneak peek of one of the new H&M Stamp sets!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

How strange. I was at Michaels tonight and almost bought this chandelier stamp but didn't know how I'd make it work so I left it in the bin.....

AND, I bought one of the order punches- I got the tiny scallop with holes. Love it! I really like the wavey border.

I'm about to post a card using the new punch!

~amy~ said...

Julia...I absolutely ♥♥ your card...and your punches too :)

Unknown said...

This card is so divine, Julie!! Super fantastic!!

I went to Michael's today and bought 1 punch (Wavy and dots one) and used it to my card already!! I love it and regret I didn't get more..... I guess I have to go back there again.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow! This card is perfection. The stamp you used is perfect choice for this LSC.

Julia, thanks for the enabler alert. The dotted wavy line punch is fab.

Oma said...

I bought a few EK Success punches too and I love them!

Bev J. said...

Love your card-I remember seeing that stamp and thinking-what would I do with it? I need your imagination. Thanks for the pics of the stamps.

Deanna said...

Oh Julia... stunning!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I have not seen these in NH yet. I love the trees and the fleur-de-lis punches. How great will they be on projects!

Saw the Easter basket from Waltzing Mouse too-too cute.

ConnieNH

Anne Harada said...

BAD Julia! I want you to know that yesterday I saw this post and nearly choked, grabbed my Michael's coupons (printed 3) and ran to two different Mikes to get a couple of these. Stop it!!!

Renee said...

Love the chandalier card....awesome! And, it looks like you scored big with the punches!

wendyp said...

LOVE that chandelier card! The colors and the stamped images...simply stunning!