Friday, January 9, 2009

A Valentine's Day Massacre

Well - not a real massacre - just a massacre of a 5 pound box of candy as per below!

A fun Limited supplies challenge today on Split Coast - to use hearts and red!

My card also covers the Double Dare Challenge I do each week with some SCS friends. Fran (Francie G) was hostess this week and her challenge was to use any color or as many colors as you choose. Then pick one of those colors and use three different shades of that color! I used Real Red, Berry Sorbet and Blush Blossom for my shades of red.

I cut the hearts with my Nestabilities and punched the little white hearts. The dew drops are red and my lovely lady has hearts on her dress! I stamped her on the Berry Sorbet heart with black ink, then I stamped her again on Blush Blossom card stock - colored her in with Copics - cut her out and popped her up over the stamping on the heart. She comes with the sentiment next to her on the stamp. This is a large 5x5 card and I used a corner rounder on all 4 corners. The smoochie, smoochie is a clear sticker.

I can really identify with this lady's sentiment - can you???!!!

You can see the other 3 shades of color challenge cards here.

Please plan to drop by again Saturday morning - I have some exciting news to share with you as well as some blog candy!!

Stamps: American Art Stamp - Emerson Box of Candis
Paper: white, Berry Sorbet: PTI, Real Red, Blush Blossom: SU
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine
Accessories: Copics: R20, R29, Y15, foam dimensionals, glue dots, neart nestabilities,little heart punch, EK success siticker (Smoochie)

9 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

LOVE this, Julia! And that sentiment is tooooo true!!

Hope all is well with you & yours ... best (and belated), wishes for all the best this year ... you sooooooooo deserve it!

~Hugs, Deb

Theresa Momber said...

OMGosh, that is too funny. Hits a bit close to home, but funny. Super cute card!

~amy~ said...

Hilariously fun card julia!!! Hope you guys don't get too much snow...

Jami said...

Too funny!! This card is right up my alley!! Love it!!
hugs, Jami

Corie said...

This is just adorable!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Julia, this is such a fabulous fun card in every way. Love it!

Shirley said...

How fun and adorable too! Love that hairdo!

Judy Rozema said...

Super cute and TRUE!

dpkennedy said...

O. M. G. this is just the one of the funniest images ever! I love your card! The image and the sentiment are awesome and how the entire card looks like a box of chocolates! Great!!!