Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Sweet Orange Bling

I made this card for the August Fan Club Dirt Pile challenge. This challenge was to use bling on your card! You can join in too if you are a member of the Fan Club over on Split Coast.I cut my card with circle nestabilities and embossed it with the Little Bubbles Cuttlebug folder to look like an orange to go along with my new image from Artful Inkables. I like making round cards now and then just for something different!

I sponged the orange and white card stock with So Saffron Ink to give it a little dimension. I only stamped the 'sweet' part of the sentiment for this card (the stamp says 'Orange you sweet'). I punched it out with a circle punch, layered it to a Wild Wasabi circle and added the green jewel brad. The image and sentiment are up on foam dimensionals. I tied the Amuse ribbon arond the fold between the orange and white panels.

I colored the image with some copics and added a dew drop and Dazzling Diamonds. Here's a close up view of the image.A fun summer card don't you think? This would be a fun invitation to a cocktail party!

You can get this stamp set over at Artful INKables - and Kristin is offering free shipping for orders over $35.00 for the month of August - so hurry on over and check it out!
Thanks for stopping by today!

Stamps: Artful Inkables- Orange You Sweet
Paper: White: PTI, Marigold Morning, Wild Wasabi: SU
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine
Accessories: copics, sponge, Jewel- SU, foam dimensionals, dew drop, circle nestabilities, cuttlebug, little bubbles folder, Dazzling Diamonds - SU

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

SWEET...absolutely SWEET!

Neva said...

Julia this is just gorgeous. I love this, such a great job. I left you something on my blog is you would like to check it out.

Patti said...

This is great! Reminds me of the clementines I have been enjoying for the past few days! Great design!

Anonymous said...

I've never made a circle card before and this sweet card is inspiring! Super job Julia

i'm with the band said...

I like it, very creative!

Beth Thomas said...

This is just too cute! Love the "orange" theme of the card shape!

Emma Fewkes said...

Wonderful Julia ... my mouth is watering!

Carolina said...

Oh Julia I love this!!! It's such summer fun!!!

I wanted to also stop by and tell you how thrilled I am to be on H&M DT with you. Looking forward to getting to know you more and I'm sure we'll have a blast in the upcoming 6 months!

Anonymous said...

So sweet Julia! Really love the texture on the card and the bling!
smiles,Deena

pammyrn said...

What a great card. I love what you did with this set.

Hugs Pam

dpkennedy said...

Love it! It does look like an orange! That sparkly drink looks good enough to, well, drink!