Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Life Without Wasabi

Here is my card for the color challenge on Split Coast to use any of the 'going out' In Colors from Stampin Up - I used Wild Wasabi and Purely Pomegranate. It is also my card for the Double Dare weekly challenge I do with some SCS friends - Anne (jdmommy) was hostess this week and her instructions were to make a card thinking of the upcoming Olympics in China - it could be sports related or Asian themed.My card is Sushi - so you can see I went with the Asian theme. I loved the double entendre here with the life without wasabi idea in the sentiment! I'm going to miss that color from Stampin Up - that and Soft Sky were my favorites I think - oh - and maybe River Rock too! This fun Sushi set is from Amuse and includes a kimono, a blossoming branch, and several other Asian theme articles. I don't even like Sushi - but I assume wasabi is some kind of green vegatable or something that is in it??!!

I used my new leafy branch Cuttlebug folder on this, colored the sushi with inks and my aquapainter and added stickles for a little shimmer. The tag was cut with the Spellbinder double ended tag die and the squares were cut with my nestabilities. Anne really made us think this week with our Double Dare Challenge!

You can see all the Double Dare Challenge cards here - we have a week to get them done so they will appear as the week goes on!

Stamps: Amuse: Sushi Clear set
Paper: wild wasabi, purely pomegranate, naturals ivory: SU
Ink: Onyx Black versafine, wild wasabi, purely pomegranate
Accessories: nestability squares, aqua painter, crystal ice stickles, spellbinder double ended tags, brads, foam dimensionals, cuttlebug, Leafy branch folder, wild wasabi grosgrain ribbon: SU

13 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love your Wasabi Sushi card Julia! It's perfect for the both of the challenges!

Anonymous said...

This is so clever and so well done! Love it Julia!

Denise Marzec said...

hehe, what a cute sentiment, and how perfect with Wasabi CS, LOL!

LeAnne said...

Hahaha! Great card---reminds me of the first time I ever ate sushi & wasabi--my eyes watered for 10 minutes! LOL
LeAnne

Bethany Paull said...

HaHa. Great sentiment for the goodbye to wild wasabi. Very nice card. Love how the bg shows through.

dpkennedy said...

Oh this card is adorable! The image and sentiment are so sweet! Now wasabi has to be experienced to understand...it's the hottest thing (a paste like condiment) I've ever put into my mouth and I love it! Clears your sinus' right up girl!

Kim Ross said...

This stamp set is SO cute... and I like the set so much because I like Sushi! You did such a nice job with your card. :)

Lauri said...

What a beautiful sushi card! I love the background embossing!

Carolina said...

Just beautiful Julia - love the sushi card!!!

Anonymous said...

Perect combo of stamp set and color! Adorable.

Lee said...

What a FUN, FUN card!!! Love that sushi image and what a perfect sentiment!! I know I'm gonna be sad without Wasabi!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Great phrase and wondeful creation.

Barbara Schram said...

A great tribute to Wasabi! Love your card! Such creativity.