Sunday, August 10, 2008

Let the Adventure Begin! Artful INKable Sneak Peak

I am so excited to bring you this sneak peek for a wonderful new set from Artful INKables called Paradise Island.

This card showcases two of the sentiments in the set as well as the pretty blossom! This set has 7 wonderful images and 4 sentiments and will be available for you to purchase this Thursday August 14th at Kristin's on line store.

All of Kristin's stamps are deeply etched red rubber and come to you packaged in a clear CD case - already cut out and mounted on cling mount - ready for you to put on your acrylic blocks and start stamping!


I used a very fun technique for the inside of this card - making a 'spring' out of vellum so the flowers 'pop' up when you open the card.

I found this technique on Lauren Meader's blog here where she used butterflies. She calls it a Spring Out card - very aptly named!!

I also made a little tutorial here for you to see how I did mine. (I'm using my left hand and taking pictures with my right! pretty tricky proposition! LOL!!)

First I punched a 2" circle out of a piece of Cardstock Vellum. Next - starting at the outer edge I cut around and around until I reached the center trying to make the spirals all the same width.
And you now have a little spiral!

Place a small glue dot under the outside beginning row of the spiral. (under my thumb!)
Attach the spiral to the middle of the top of the inside of your card. Only the glue dot is holding it on there. Then put a glue dot in the center of the spiral facing out - this will attach to the other side of your card when you close it. Be sure the glue dots are completely on the vellum so they don't stick where you don't want them to!
Now close the card and press so the glue dot attaches to the bottom half of the inside of the card.

When you open your card - Voila! - you have a spiral popping out!


Then I attached my cut out and colored blossoms using thick foam adhesives on the ones at the beginning and end so they are popped up a little and glue dots to attach the ones on the spiral.


I also attached a couple of blossoms directly on the card and stamped the fun sentiment "Let the Adventure Begin!" My final touch was to put some stickles on the stamens of the flowers for a little sparkle!

I hope you'll try this fun technique and create your own adventure! - it's really easy and makes for a great surprise when the receiver opens their card!

And a final shot of the front - one blossom mounted with foam dimensionals on the designer paper background with the sentiment.


Please check out the other Design Team Members blogs to see more cards using other stamps from this fun stamp set!

Beth

Jenn

Pam

Kristin

We'll all be having Sneak Peeks of a different stamp set every day until Thursday 8/14 when you will be able to purchase them all! So please check back every day!

Stamps: Paradise Island - Artful INKables

Paper: Spring Moss, - PapertreyInk, Naturals Ivory and vellum card stock - Stampin Up, DP: Wild Asparagas - green teal floral

Ink: Onyx Black Versafine

Supplies: glue dots, 2" punch, thick foam dimensionals, regular foam dimensionals, Prismacolor marker - Green Tea, Crystal Ice Stickles

15 comments:

Jenn Muraoka said...

Just wonderful Julia! And thank you so much for this tutorial! You did a wonderful job multi-tasking, so to speak. But I guess mommy's learn to multi-task VERY fast, LOL. Your work is always well crafted and beautiful! Hugs, Jenn

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous card Julia! Thanks for the tut!!

Michelle Adams said...

Great card & thanks for the how-to!

Susan said...

love those lime colors and that DP is perfect with the image!

Thanks for the idea of the spring....nicely photographed.

will look forward to seeing what else is in store~

Beth Thomas said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the soft, color combo- takes me to a calm, relaxing place with soft tropical breezes- teeheehee! Thanks for the awesome tutorial! You are one talented lady!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Your take on the card os great Julia! Thank you for sharing it with me :D

Linsey R said...

Oh, how very fun, Julia! You know I already adore Artful Inkables (cause of you!) and I can't wait to see more sneak peeks! Have to check out those other blogs for more--can't wait! :) Your card is so very wonderful and I am constantly inspired by you thru your blog so I gave you the Brillante Weblog Award over at mine today. don't feel obligated to play, just had to let ya know! :) hugs and I'll be back tomorrow for more sneak peeks! :)

Carolina said...

Gret tutorial and what a beautiful card - thanks so much for sharing it Julia! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

pammyrn said...

Wow what a great post. I love all your detailed directions. Your card is just exqusit.

Hugs Pam

Deanna said...

This card is beautiful Julia!

Lorraine said...

What a clever card. I love the colors you chose. Very soothing.

dpkennedy said...

I love this card! Great dp and the flowers are adorable!

Catherine said...

way too cool, i got to try this one =)

Beverly said...

What a neat way to add some flair to your card!

Kim Gasper said...

I just learned how to make one of these cards at the Stampin'Up! convention. Haven't done my own yet, but I'm looking foward to making one soon. I love the colors and flowers on yours.