Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Frozey is So Sorry

Here is my funny little 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 card for the color challenge at Split Coast (use blush blossom, close to cocoa, ruby red) as well as the weekly Double Dare Challenge I do with a group of SCS friends. Joan Ervin was the hostess this week and her Double Dare Challenge was to do a 'simple' no layer card. Ha!! NOT SO SIMPLE to do a no layer card - try it!!!I used one of my fun new Doodle Factory guys (Frozey) - who makes me laugh just to look at him! and he really does look So Sorry - doesn't he??? To add a little something to the card - I embossed a frame around him with my Nestability die. I colored him with Stampin Up markers going over it again in certain areas to try and add a little depth to the 'no layers'!!


It is a funny little card - but I'm happy with it!

If you'd like to see the other Double Dare Challenge cards - look here.

And if you'd like to save 10% on these fun Doodle factory stamps by Starving Artists Stamps - check out Donna's blog here. She's the one who 'enabled' me!!!



Stamps: Starving Artist Stamps: Doodle Factory (Frozey), Sentiment: So Many Sayings - SU
Paper: Blush blossom - SU
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine
Accessories: Nestability square, cuttlebug, SU markers: Close to Cocoa, Ruby Red, Almost Amethyst, Prismacolor marker: Cool Grey

12 comments:

Lee said...

Oh how fun!!! What a cute idea and I love the embossing.....I'm having issues with my Nesties doing that!

Donna Baker said...

this is so awesome, Julia! I love Frozey too - thanks for linking me, hopefully we can get moe DF enabling, huh??

Donna Baker said...

HA! I meant more

~amy~ said...

FUN Frozey card Julia!

Anonymous said...

Julia, this is way cute and fun! You created a wonderful no layer card and agree it can be very challenging! Love the embossing!

dpkennedy said...

He's adorable! I think you did a great job on "no layers". I have yet to try it, but I bet it is a challenge! Great card!

Sue from Oregon said...

Too funny, I was just thinking this morning that I would like to send my hairdresser a card, she did a wonderful job and I wanted a wild hair type stamp...this would work! LOL

Deb Wood said...

s with Nestabilities w/o cutting? What machine do you use, I have a Sizzix big kick.

Susan said...

how fun is frozey!!! love your simple card, you managed to make it elegant and textured at the same time...just what fuzzy deserved!!!!

Barbara Schram said...

So much Fun! Love this card, Julia!

Beverly said...

this is so funny.. what an odd little image..teehee!

Anonymous said...

How perfect is Frozey with this sentiment ... adorable.