Sunday, August 17, 2008

An Adventure Drink and A Paw Print on Your Heart!

I decorated this fun Coconut Beverage holder to highlight the new stamp set by Artful INKables called Paradise Island.

I found this cute coconut cup at my local I Party store on sale for 99cents! - what a deal. Wouldn't this be a fun way to serve drinks at a party!?!?

First I cut out a 2 inch strip of Creamy Caramel card stock and ran it through my crimper. It needed to be 14" so I had to cut out another strip and add it on ( I only had 8x11 paper) - I attached the ends with tacky strip to be sure it held. Then I sponged the edges with Close to Cocoa ink - tied several pieces of raffia around it and slid it over the coconut.

I colored my images with Copics and Prismacolor markers, cut them out and attached them to the band with thick glue dots. I attached the dancer to the straw with a piece of tacky strip.
This picture shows you how the band slips off and how the Coconut opens.
I also stamped the images on some green napkins to be used at the party along with the cute beverage holders! And "thanks' to Dunkin Donuts for the pretty coordinating orange straw that I used here!

So next time you're at your local party shop - take a look at the party items and think about how you can 'stamp' them up for your next gathering!!

Stamps: Artful INKables - Paradise Island
Paper: Creamy Caramel - SU, White - PTI
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine, Close to Cocoa - SU
Supplies: paper crimper, large thick glue dots, sponge, tacky tape, plastic coconut - I Party, raffia, napkins - I Party, straw - Dunkin Donuts, Copics, Prismacolor markers.


I made my second card for the featured stamper challenge over at Split Coast. Knightrone (Jessie) has a lot of beautiful cards in her gallery! I chose this one to case today. I changed the colors and stamps used but loved her layout which worked perfectly for my pretty new puppy stamp from Artful INKables set Top Dog.

I colored him with close to cocoa re-inker and my aquapainter. I used this fun pet designer paper for my background, two different ribbons and heart brads. For the sentiment - I punched 2 scalloped circles and a white circle and then layed them together with the scallops off set so you can see both colors.I stamped the scarf on a scrap - colored it and attached it over the main image with foam dimensionals. The puppy panel and sentiment are also on foam dimensionals. You can purchase this set here and there's free shipping durung the month of August for orders over $35.00!

Congratulations Jessie! enjoy your fun FS day!!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you think of my Coconut drink cup!

Stamps: Top Dog - Artful Inkables
Paper: White - PTI, Ruby Red, basic Black - SU, DP - DCWV the Pets Stack
Ink: Onyx Black versafine, close to cocoa - SU, Espresso - Adirondack
Accessories: brown gingham ribbon - Michaels, Dark Chocolate Twill - PTI, scallop circle punch - SU, circle punch, aquapainter, heart brads, Prismacolor markers, dimensionals

13 comments:

~amy~ said...

FUN Coconut beverage holder julia! The Paradise Island is a-dorable...love anything tropical :)

Sweet FS challenge card too!

K said...

The coconut is awesome! I love the stamped napkin too. It reminds me of wedding napkins. So cool!

Carolina said...

What a great tropical project and your FS card is just adorable - I'm sure Jessie is going to be really touched by your version!

Lee said...

OH WOW!!!!!! That coconut drink holder is soooooooo cool and fun!!! What an awesome idea!!! Your FS card is adorable!! I love that pup and the sentiment is sooo true!!

wendyp said...

What a cute project!

Denise Clark said...

LOVE your party theme. Artful Inkables has some really great stamps! You gave me some terrific ideas for a big party we are having at the beginning of October. Thanks!

Denise

Michele Kovack said...

HOW FUN!!! So cute!!!

Gwen said...

great job on the drink set!! love it!!

pammyrn said...

Wow these both are so fun. I love your take on paradise island

Beth Thomas said...

So... when is the party???? Absolutely love this cute set! If I start now I may be able to make them for my Girl Scout troops end-of-the-year pool party (there are 20 girls in the troop)!!!! Your dog card is too cute!

dpkennedy said...

Adorable project! I love these ideas! The dog card is so cute too!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Omg!!! love coconut beverage holder!! So cool Julia!! Too cute!

Deb Wood said...

Awesome coconut drink and accessories, too cool and the doggie card is adorable!