Thursday, April 3, 2008

You Rub Me the Right Way!

An easy peasy card tonight - I ran out of time this evening but I wanted to do the Split Coast Ways to Use It challenge which was to use Rub On's on your card.

I just got these wonderful rub-ons from Stampin Up so it was the perfect chance to get them out. All you do is cut out the rub on piece you want - lay it on your card where you want it - and rub over it with the included popsicle stick. You just have to be sure you have rubbed over all of it before you lift off the backing. And if some of the decal sticks - just lay it back down and rub over that piece again. These Stampin Up rub ons worked beautifully - they rubbed right off cleanly!

The designer paper is one of the new ones called Pink Patterns from PapertreyInk as well as the Berry Sorbet card stock - pretty colors I think!

I thought the card looked pretty good with just the rub on - so all I added were some layered Primas from Close To My Heart with some coordinating jazzy brads. At first I tried them in the right corner figuring to balance right and left - but it didn't look right - and when I moved them over to the vine - it seemed to work better. So the space on the right balances the 'stuff' on the left!

Gotta go - a new CSI is on and I have to cook supper first!

Thanks for stopping by! I really appreciate it! Have a great night!

Stamps: none
Paper: Basic black SU, Berry Sorbet PTI, DP Pink Patterns PTI
Ink: none
Accessories: rub ons- SU, primas CTMH, Brads, dimensionals
Techniques: rub ons

6 comments:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Hi Julia,
Just stopped by to say hello and tell you how much I LOVE your card! Thanks for all of your sweet comments on Splitcoast, it really means a lot!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jennifer :)

Anonymous said...

Julia, this is so pretty! Thanks for the inspiration!

~amy~ said...

Ahhhh...I love easy peasy cards :) Great use of the SU rub-ons!

Deb Wood said...

Very pretty Julia!

Linsey R said...

Easy peasy and a total beauty!! This is perfect! Oh, I love how quick and simple it seems to be to make, while maintaining absolute fabulousness! (is that even a word?) YOu should get this in for Allison's polka dot challenge today too :) Hugs and thank you so much for your congrats to me about Gina K. Now we are both busy girls, hehe! speaking of which...any classes yet? keep us posted!

dpkennedy said...

Very pretty! How was CSI? I missed it! Argh, I was annoyed! Gee, you sure make nice work for quick and easy peasy!