Friday, March 21, 2008

Two Different Thanks

First - I just need to reflect on today being Good Friday and remember the great sacrifice that was made in Christian history for us. I served as a layreader at church this evening and it was a very moving service with the altar stripped and just the stark cross there. It was a good time to stop and reflect.

And we have the happy Easter Morning to look forward to! Has everyone cleaned their homes and bought all the food supplies if you are hosting dinner? We are going to my niece, Katie's, home this year so I just need to make scalloped potatoes which I will be putting together tomorrow!

I'm going to bring the supplies to make these two cards with my sister, Marcia, and nieces, Christie and Katie, on Easter - we have fun after dinner on holidays making cards together - and everyone can always use Thank You cards!

Today's Limited Supplies challenge on Split Coast was to make 2 cards using the same stamps and DP's but different layouts, tools and/or embellishments.

I just got a great book called Card Makers Sketch Book that has over 200 card designs in it with colorful samples shown for each sketch. I have found it to be a great help in designing cards. I used this book for the two sketches on these cards.

For the challenge - I used two different sketches, different Cuttlebug folders and different color ribbons on my cards. I held one card horizontal and one vertical and used different ink on the sentiment. I was surprised and happy to see that the Stampin Up Ruby Red Card Stock matches the Papertrey Berry Sorbet ribbon and the Papertrey Spring Moss ribbon goes well with the SU Certainly Celery CS.

Which one do you like best???

Thanks for spending some time with me here tonight - be sure to check out the Easter Carrots on the posting below!

Stamps: PapertreyInk: Mixed Messages, Borders and Corners-Circles
Paper: Bazzill Tan, Ruby Red, Certainly Celery, DP: SU Ginger Blossom
Ink: Pitch Black Adirondack, Ruby Red
Accessories: Marvy scalloped punches, circle punch, Spring Moss & Berry Sorbet Ribbons: PapertreyInk, dimensionals

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards ... check out my blog ... You Make My Day!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful cards! Thanks for the heads up on the sketch book. I will definitely have a look at this one. Happy Easter!!
Deena

Beverly said...

Julia.. I have to say that I love your cards.. and I love what you shared about Good Friday. My dh and I took our children to see "The Living Cross" at a local church, it was fantastic, and needless to say, the children have lots of questions.. "Is that real blood?, Are they really beating him?, Is that really Jesus?" A great opportunity to discuss the true meaning of Easter with our children!
On to your cards.. wow.. I really love them both. My favorite is the verticle.. I love the embossed words in the bg.. they really standout.
And how lucky are you to get to make some cards with your family!! That is awesome! No one in my family on either side likes any sort of paper crafting.. fooey! Except my Mom.. but the older she gets, the less she likes to do. The arthritis in her hand really bothers her, but she does sit and watch, and help, and talk.. which I love. So, Happy Easter Julia! May God continue to bless you and your family and reach others through this fabulous gift/talent that He has bestowed upon you!