Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Just Hatched for Easter

I'm on vacation this week so I'm having fun getting in more stamping time and may even be able to clean up my Stamping Room!!

DH, Kent, and I just spent 3 days up in Vermont visiting his brother and sister-in-law. They have a beautiful post and beam house up there. We went snowshoeing twice - right from their front door into the hilly woods around their home. It was sunny and bright - and not too cold - perfect weather to be out there. Here are a few pics of our outing!




Chad & Kent surveying the land - Kent, Me and Blue - Carol giving Blue a treat.

Now on to my posting today! I made this cute Easter Treat Package using the PapertreyInk set released in February 'Just Hatched'. The stamps, DP's and ribbon are all from PapertreyInk. I had submitted this for their March Guest Star Stamper competition. I got the clear box from Clear Bags but Papertrey also sells them. I used shredded Easter paper inside that I got from Michaels. I love how it matched the Very Vanilla card stock. I cut the ovals with my Nestabilities. The candies are small York Peppermint Patties and I punched & stamped the circles that I put on them. It took a while to get them all in there with the shredded paper evenly distributed around them! The CS papers are Very Vanilla and Soft Sky. I thought this would be a nice gift to bring to a dinner host on Easter Day or to bring someone in a nursing home when you visit etc. A small token that looks nice and festive!

Note I got some inquiries about the size of the container: the clear box is 6" x 4.5" x 1/2" and also fits 4 cards and 4 envelopes if you wanted to package up some cards! They come with little clear bands )like elastics) to loop around the corners to hold the box closed too - what fun!


Here are a few more pics of our trip to VT.






Bear claw marks on a tree. The owl in their yard A Moose Statue outside a shop!

Thanks for spending part of your day with me here - I'll be back later with some cards!

Stamps: PapertreyInk Just Hatched
Paper: Very Vanilla, Soft Sky, DP: PapertreyInk
Ink: Pitch Black Adirondack
Accessories: clear box, nestability ovals, ribbon: PapertreyInk, dimensionals, circle punch

4 comments:

dpkennedy said...

What a cute gift! I love the color! I know how hard it is to make something look pretty inside a container!! Love the pictures too! Looks like fun! I haven't been to Vermont in a few years :( I used to go every year. Cool that owl pic...I've never seen one in the wild and the moose is so cute!

Beverly said...

That is an adorable little box of treats.. how fun! I love that you shared pics of your outing.. that part of the US looks beautiful! and look at all of that show! Nice.

LeAnne said...

Julia, these are scrumptious! Love the colors and everything! Your owl photo is a hoot--oops, no pun intended! I am bummed....we got NO snow here this winter!!!
LeAnne

Deb Wood said...

Love the pictures, looks like a lot of fun! Hope you are having a fabulous vacation! I love this little box, the colors are so pretty!