Friday, February 29, 2008

The Simplest Things


I went out to eat with a friend tonight and I was already late - but I had this card in my head all day at work for todays Split Coast - Limited Supplies Challenge - to use just one flower on a card - no cuttlebug, no designer paper - so I had to do it before I went out!

I used just one stamp - by Cornish Heritage Farms and colored it with my Prismacolor markers. Sometimes simple is more expressive than layers and ribbons, brads and punches.

It's funny - when I first started to stamp many years ago - all my cards were like this - just the stamp - no layers or embellishments - more so because I didn't have supplies or the knowledge of how to put things together - and I do like putting more things on cards now - but once in a while a simple one like this hits the spot - like a breath of simple fresh air.
Thanks for coming by on this Friday night! I'll see you tomorrow with my Inspiration card and maybe something else!

Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms - Cat Dancing Designs
Paper: Papertreyink white
Ink: Pitch Black Adirondack
Accessories: Prismacolor markers

1 comment:

Linsey R said...

Oh, you are so right Julia! I feel like I sometimes get so caught up with all those embellies and goodies, I forget to make the image the essence of the card. This is one of those cards that is simply refreshing! This pretty image isn't overpowerd by anything, we just get to enjoy it and the beautiful coloring of it! I'm so happy that you got it in before your dinner out! TFS and I'll see ya tomorrow for the IC! hugs!