Thursday, February 28, 2008

Music in My Heart

Good evening everyone! I'm late in posting tonight because I had my hair cut after work - a girl has to do what a girl has to do, right?! So then I had to make supper before making my card because I was starving!

Today's Ways to Use it Challenge on Split Coast was to use music on your card - either a music stamp or a card about a song. I decided to go with music stamps since I had a few.
I used my music sheet stamp from Penny Black on a heart that I cut with my nestability dies and layered it with 2 other hearts that I also ran through the Cuttlebug using 2 new folders - Swiss Dots and Floral Fantasy. I just love these 2 new folders . I also got the numbers one - and hope to use that on a card soon.
Don't you just love the striped DP from K&CompanyAmy Butler? It's textured and has such nice vibrant colors. I bought a 4x6 book of a variety of Amy Butler prints at Michaels. They also sell little purses made out of the same paper - they are so cute! You have to go see them!
But I digress! Back to my card...... my sentiment from Stampabilities goes along with the music theme. I stamped some notes by Magenta on the sentiment in Soft Sand Shadow Ink by Memories that you can just see like a shadow in the picture!
I punched a slot in my sentiment and laced my pretty new ribbon from PapertreyInk through it and slipped a pearl pin through the knot.
Thanks for coming by today! I've hit 1000 views in two weeks so I'm very excited about that!
I'd love to hear what you think of my blog -click comments below!
Stamps: Music sheet- Penny Black, Sentiment: Stampabilities, Music Notes: Magenta
Paper: Sage Shadow, Very Vanilla, Chocoloate Chip, DP: Bohemia My Minds Eye, K& Co Amy Butler
Ink: Pitch Black Adirondack, Soft Sand Shadow: Memories
Accessories: Nestability hearts, PaperTreyInk Ribbon Spring Moss, Cuttlebug folders: Swiss Dots and Floral Fantasy, pearl pin, slot punch, dimensionals, ticket corner punch.

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Again, another beautiful card. I really like how you stamped the verse onto the printed heart. Congrats on your 1000th post. Phyllis